- advertisement -

What Foods Are Just Not Worth The Trouble?

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by Turtle1605, Feb 16, 2012.

1. momof3sons

momof3sons Approved members

Donuts before church....a challenge.

2. KyleBugsMom

KyleBugsMom Approved members

Restaurant pizza. I have tried to do different combo boluses but I just cannot find the right combination to prevent the fat spike (or even the initial drop). I still allow it but prefer to do it when DH is off work the next day to let me get a nap from being up all night! :)

In the opposite direction, I detest fruit snacks (gummy, fruit roll-ups). They drop him so low! I've tried bolusing for half - that sends him high. They drive me nuts so I quit buying them. Unfortunately, he loves them.

3. Jacob'sDad

Jacob'sDad Approved members

Most of the stuff they eat on Fear Factor is not worth the trouble. For example, it's hard to know how many cave dwelling spiders one is going to consume. I know their innards must be all protein, but what about the exoskeleton? I don't know how to bolus for exoskeleton.:confused:

4. hawkeyegirl

hawkeyegirl Approved members

LOL!

We're actually heading out to Red Robin for a "not worth the trouble" meal right now. Chicken strips, bottomless steak fries and ice cream sundae. He loves it, and it is kind of my "eff you" to diabetes.

5. caspi

caspi Approved members

We must have gotten the same "eff you diabetes" memo, as we're having Chinese take-out tonight! :D

6. MamaLibby

MamaLibby Approved members

Yup, that's our thing around here too. Sugary cereals don't happen in my house anyways...Potatoes really spike her, unless balanced with something else.

7. bnmom

bnmom Approved members

Pop tarts are awful. Pop tarts are delicious. :)

I don't ban anything, if he wants it we'll deal with the numbers. But I only buy them once a month or so.

8. danielsmom

danielsmom Approved members

Daniel doesn't have a problem with cereals...but then again since he does it for night snack, he gets only about 1/2 cup and that really isn't much...pizza we do at lunch and it helps if their is some activity to go with it...but we see less spike..or we deal with it by dinner.........