- advertisement -

what do you think?

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by samheis, Feb 10, 2010.

1. samheis

samheis Approved members

I woke up this morning to find Sam sleeping on the couch (put him to bed in his own bed last night). So I went to check his blood sugar, and saw that he had vomited on himself. The vomit was dry, he was sound asleep. CHecked him-250, .3 ketones. Got him awake, he was fine. Has no memory of even getting out of bed, or of getting sick. No fever, and it's been about 3 hours since he woke up, and he still feels fine. He's gotten sick at night before, but ALWAYS wakes up and makes it to the bathroom.
    His blood sugars have been decent, normally wakes up below 100. Had the normal amount of carbs before bed last night.

Could it have been hypoglycemia, or is that the wrong line of thinking here?

(I feel terrible btw. Last night was the first time I slept through the night in MONTHS! I can't believe I didn't hear him get sick)

2. Adinsmom

Adinsmom Approved members

Was it alot of vomit or just a little? You mentioned he gets sick in the night before but always makes it to the bathroom. Were they illnesses before or just random?

I would probably call the endo and ask their opinion as well.

(((Hugs)))

3. samheis

samheis Approved members

Yeah, they were actual illnesses before-he's had about 5 stomach bugs in the last year :rolleyes: It was a lot of vomit. Like when I saw it, for a moment I was afraid he had choked on it, until I saw him breath.

4. Becky Stevens mom

Becky Stevens mom Approved members

Oh Anita Im sorry :( Hey dont beat yourself up for sleeping please. We have to do that, we have no choice. I wonder if Sam ate something that didnt agree with him. I really hope hes not getting another bug. I think if it was a serious rebound he would have been even higher with more ketones. Has he had many lows lately?

5. AlisonKS

AlisonKS Approved members

Tony does that when he coughs, everything comes up. He's got a cold now and I'm just waiting for barfest. Hope he's okay!

6. samheis

samheis Approved members

Actually we've been having easy days (not too high, not too low). I made eclairs and let him have one last night-that was his snack. Maybe I underestimated the carbs. Maybe it was too sweet. I just hate not knowing-you know?

I took precations and lowered his Lanuts and reduced his breakfast ratios (or is that increased?-well he got less lol). Now he's in the mid 300's. Ugh. Just one of those days I guess.

I haven't been sleeping well at all, and I just can't believe the one night I manage to sleep through....this happens:(

Meanwhile, Sam is bouncing off the walls. Little turkey.