- advertisement -

What do you think of the measuring tape theme for the world diabetes day ad at the top?

Discussion in 'Parents Off Topic' started by C6H12O6, Nov 7, 2010.

1. C6H12O6

C6H12O6 Approved members

Not sure what to think, but I noticed the blue measuring tape featured prominently in all the ads, and one mentions finding out if you are at risk in combination with the measuring tape?

2. StillMamamia

StillMamamia Approved members

Is that to measure waist size?? I don't remember seeing it.

3. StillMamamia

StillMamamia Approved members

Oh, just saw it. Yeah...type 2, and even then, there are people of "normal" weight who get Type 2 too. Doesn't bother me either way.

4. AlisonKS

AlisonKS Approved members

I think I also saw something like do 14 minutes of exercise and report your number at a certain time. My 5 year old exercises all day when he's not in school lol.

5. Mistync991

Mistync991 Approved members

yea i dont get it ...there isnt really anything to connect it to type 2 in the add's other than coming up with your own idea in your head ...i find it not revalant to either really as far as raising general worldwide awarness for d period but whateva im not on there marketing team ;)

6. C6H12O6

C6H12O6 Approved members

I don't really get why they think CWD is an appropriate audience. Or where world d. day gets their money.

7. funnygrl

funnygrl Approved members

I was rather offended, considering how much effort people put into getting people to realize that type 1 isn't preventable, to see this so prominently on "our" site.

8. jcanolson

jcanolson Approved members

Unfortunately, we are the minority in the "diabetes" world.