- advertisement -

What do you put on walk shirts?

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by mom2cjh, Mar 21, 2008.

1. mom2cjh

mom2cjh Approved members

This is my first thread and first walk. A lot of firsts these days. Just wondering what some of you put on your kids walk shirts. I have designed with help a logo for our team name but am wondering if anyone puts more personal info on the back such as date of birth, date of diagnosis, type of pump or anything else??? Our walk is in one month and I need to get final approval to the printer. Thanks a bunch for any help.

:)

2. momofsingingdiabetic

momofsingingdiabetic Approved members

This is Danielle's for this year. She normally comes up with the idea but we helped her this year. I have a friend do the art. It always uses an elephant as that is her theme (beating diabetes one bite at a time...like eating an elephant....business strategy). And this year, our dogs have a role....LOL.

[​IMG]

Front.

[​IMG]

Back.

Sometimes they are more detailed, sometimes less.

Last edited: Mar 21, 2008
  3. mom2cjh

mom2cjh Approved members

That's a really cute design with the elephant:). You do have some info. on there as well with dx'd and pump. My son's is Cameron's Crew designed in a yellow work sign with post and silhouettes of workers with wheelbarrows, digging, etc. Put JDRF Walk for a Cure but thinking of changing it to JDRF Working to Cure Diabetes. (to stick to the "work crew" theme. What do you think? Amazing how a shirt can mean so much and require so much thought!!! On back, born February 14, 2001, Dx'd Type 1 August 23, 2007, Omnipod December 3, 2007. Since we never did a walk before wondering if anyone interested in this info. because you then know the age of the child and their regimen if you ever have questions/things in common at the walk???

4. Thoover

Thoover Approved members

Those are so cute. We just put the JDRF logo on the t-shirt and put Team Brittney on the back. We also ordered duffle bags that have the logo's as well. We are Bright Yellow since none of the guys wanted to wear Pink..LOL..

Cute Idea's you all have.. Love them. This is our first walk also, and wasn't sure of what to expect or put on.

5. valerie k

valerie k Approved members

so cool. We walked for matt in january, and had a ball. Cant wait to do it again.

6. mom_to_kenzie

mom_to_kenzie Approved members

We are doing our walk for the first time this year too. Our shirts say
    "MACKenzies Truckers!" on the front it is on a big truck picture. and on the back the say.."Keep on trucking for a cure!" My hubby is a truck driver and his company donated money for the shirts. and Mackenzies name just fit the idea perfect!

7. OSUMom

OSUMom Approved members

Ours was a mountain scene in the backround and a picture of Dean kissing his insulin pump.

Conquer
    Type 1

insulin-dependent diabetes
    Dean's Angels
    JDRF 2007.​

8. wellsfamily

wellsfamily Approved members

Our first year was pretty plain - yellow shirts, Team AIDAN on the back, JDRF logo on front

Last year, we were Aidan's Army (see my sig. at bottom for picture) - blue camo shirts, back says Aidan's Army getting "PUMP"ed up for a cure

This year we are the Wishing Wells (our last name), I am picturing putting a well on the front and the words "THE CURE" at the bottom of the well.

Most people keep the same team name, but for some reason, I like to change it up.

Have fun with it!

9. MamaChrissa

MamaChrissa Approved members

Jimmy just printed out iron ons that said "Jason's Jaguars" and had a picture of a young jaguar. (Who looks suspiciously like Diego's friend. ;)) We all just wore white shirts. :)

10. frizzyrazzy

frizzyrazzy Approved members

We did a logo and we also made sure to have the JDRF logo on there too as that qualified us to enter the t-shirt contest for our walk (which we won - y ay us) We just put the city and that date - but I heard that most people don't put the date because this way they can reuse the same shirts next year. We also wanted to list the company that provided us the shirts but the woman wouldn't allow it - she wanted to remain anonymous. :) But most people list their sponsors on the back.
    Back:
    [​IMG]

Front:
    [​IMG]

11. mom2cjh

mom2cjh Approved members

Thanks for all the great ideas!!! What creative people we become:) Never knew I had it in me. Can't wait for the walk and raising lots of money for a cure!!!

12. badshoe

badshoe Approved members

13. Noel

Noel Approved members

Aidan is a big soccer player so our shirts looked like this:

Red....kick diabetes.....score a cure with a soccer ball on the front.

the back said "Team Chambers"

our last name.

For being an 8 year old boy he was really picky about his shirts. Nothing too wild he said?

14. OSUMom

OSUMom Approved members

That's too cute. ;)