- advertisement -

What do I do with an extra Pump? Animas One Touch Ping?

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by mwebb, Jan 15, 2017.

1. mwebb

mwebb Approved members

Hey all, my daughter switched pumps. I'm stuck with this Animas and feel so guilty with it sitting in the basement when someone could be using it. Are there any regulations on selling it or giving it away?
    Well and now I have old cartridges for it - but those are all expired - anyone need animas cartriges that are expired in a pinch? I'll give 'em to ya!! Trying to clean out closets!

Thanks!!

2. obtainedmist

obtainedmist Approved members

3. dpr

dpr Approved members

Pumps break. We have a spare pump we keep just for redundancy. When you go on a trip somewhere, especially if it's off the beaten path it's peace of mind. I keep a fresh battery in it every month just to make sure it's ready to go.

4. jenm999

jenm999 Approved members

Agreed. While the desire to pay it forward is noble, I would hold onto it as a spare/backup.

5. Beach bum

Beach bum Approved members

Many pump companies give you credit for trading in the pump. For example, we went from Animas to MM and were able to send them in for a $500 credit. Went towards the purchase of the new pump.