- advertisement -

What CGMS do you use?

Discussion in 'Continuous Glucose Sensing' started by Mike&Dans.Mom, Aug 3, 2010.

?

What CGMS are you using?

1. Navigator

11.8%
  2. Dex

44.1%
  3. Minimed

44.1%
  1. Mike&Dans.Mom

Mike&Dans.Mom Approved members

What CGMS are you currently using, and do you like it?

2. ecs1516

ecs1516 Approved members

This was kind of a trick question for us. Have used Navigator and Dexcom. Only system in the house right now is Dexcom. May try out Minimed for younger son or keep using tapes underneath Dexcom.

Have to say I love the Dexcom. Easy to use and wear for my older son. If you have a allergic reaction to the tape like my younger son , not so fun. If my younger son was not having problems with the tape I don't think I would even try another system. We would be a Dexcom house. May buy the Navigator for him when it comes out.

3. hawkeyegirl

hawkeyegirl Approved members

We use the MM. It's all we've ever used, but I've never been tempted to try either of the other two. Besides the fact that it's integrated with our pump, it's got more features than the other two, has a much more durable/waterproof receiver, and it doesn't appear that the other systems get better accuracy than we do. If the MM went out of production, I'd switch to the Dex, but there's no reason to do so at this point.

4. Diana

Diana Approved members

We have used all three, but are currently using MM.

I have to say that I think MM is my favorite one. It has all the features I loved about the Nav plus a few more in a more durable package. Of course, we've only been using it a month.

The downside for us is that we only get 6 days on the sensor (we got 10 on both the Dex and Nav).

5. Flutterby

Flutterby Approved members

What she said. :D

6. MReinhardt

MReinhardt Approved members

Chell uses MM, only cause Medicaid of Illinois/Iowa pays for it. Dex refuses to even work with Medicaid, even knowing we have gotten medicaid to pay for it since Nov 2007.

7. lisanc

lisanc Approved members

we have been very happy to date with MM Revel ...

love the integrated CGM ... I am not sure if I could get my daughter to carry extra receiver with her otherwise ... with integrated system, she does not feel bogged down ...

Lisa

8. BrokenPancreas

BrokenPancreas Banned

Sent the check to Dexcom, waiting for it arrive!

9. Danielle2008

Danielle2008 Approved members

Happily "Dexing"

10. Gracie'sMom

Gracie'sMom Approved members

We use dex. Haven't used any other, so can't compare. Right now we are loving dex, the new sensors we are getting (expiration dates in 2011) have been the best, most consistent yet for us and we are getting 12 days out of them as a rule. They are usually with in 10 points of her actual BG and are catching all of her "trends" -- dropping/rising -- making it a lot easier to determine how aggressive to be with our corrections.

11. PatriciaMidwest

PatriciaMidwest Approved members

We use Minimed and we are very happy with it. I haven't used anything else since DD is not open to wearing an extra unit. The Minimed does have a learning curve to it (sensor insertion as well as calibrations).

Here's what I love:

1) Predictive Alarms (avail on Guardian or Revel)
    2) Different alarm settings for different times of day on Revel
    3) Integration of CGMS and Pump
    4) Extra parent unit available with Guardian
    5) Carelink reports!
    6) No issues with tape allergies
    7) Upto 40 minutes of data stored when wearer is out of range of sensor (shower, etc)

What I don't love:

1) Carelink not accessible on Mac and not downloadable to Windows 7 64 Bit Home Edition
    2) Large needle (intimidating and sometimes painful)
    3) Bad sensors on occasion (probably happens with all of them)

Last edited: Aug 4, 2010
  12. Diana

Diana Approved members

Really? My understanding of computer stuff is really bad but having said that...

I have 64-bit Vista, so I can't download the Guardian on my computer because I can't get the drivers for the USB thingy. But MM told me that if I could download on a different computer, then I would be able to access everything online on my Vista computer. Luckily, we had a crappy clunker laptop, so I download on that, but I actually look at the reports on my good computer.

So, you can't even log-in to Carelink on a Mac or Windows 7?

13. PatriciaMidwest

PatriciaMidwest Approved members

I've edited my post. Sorry for the confusion.

I cannot do anything with Carelink on our Macs. Can't even log in.

I *can* log in and look at reports on my Windows 7 64 Bit Home edition, but I cannot upload information from the pump.
    I believe Windows 7 32Bit is compatible with Carelink, and Windows 7 64Bit Professional has a possible workaround.

Clear as mud, huh?

Last edited: Aug 4, 2010
  14. Seans Mom

Seans Mom Approved members

Sean has the Dex 7+. I love it, him not so much. But he wouldn't love any of them at this age. lol :rolleyes:

15. ecs1516

ecs1516 Approved members

I have always wondered why doesn't Minimed create a 'parent package' that you can order that includes the pump with a receiver. They could charge more for that pump package. They have to know that is how some people use it.