- advertisement -

What areas work best?

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by CaitlynGrisham, Apr 13, 2012.

1. CaitlynGrisham

CaitlynGrisham Approved members

Lately, I've been having some issues with site absorption. I was wondering if any of you/your children have areas where insulin is more/less effective by a drastic amount?

2. emm142

emm142 Approved members

My abdomen has always been the best and most consistent place for absorption. I do worry though that having used primarily the abdomen for shots and site placements for 5 years, it might get worn out at some point.

I hate using my legs, because any leg activity (walking, running etc.) makes my insulin absorb super fast and I get lows.

3. malyssa

malyssa Approved members

The lower back/hip area has always been my favorite spot for sites, and I've never had a problem with a site there.. I also have very good luck with my arms- I always tend to run lower than normal when I have an arm site.

4. Connor's Mom

Connor's Mom Approved members

Connor's favorite site is his arm and it is the worst for absorption! His upper thigh, right now, gives him the best absorption. We actually had to decrease his basal rates through out the day giving him 1.5 units less when using his upper leg than his arm.