- advertisement -

What are you black friday shopping for??

Discussion in 'Parents Off Topic' started by mmgirls, Nov 23, 2011.

1. mmgirls

mmgirls Approved members

Last year I black friday shopped till I dropped, saving allot of money.

This year I have gone over the leaked ads already and do not see anything all that great that I want to go by myself and stand in line fore.

How about you?

2. lynn

lynn Approved members

I have gone nearly every year since I was 13 years old. I go mostly as sport nowadays because I don't have the cash to buy much for Christmas. I haven't studied the ads yet this year, but my sister has mentioned that there aren't many deals to lure her out---although she'll be up in the wee hours anyway!

3. Kaylas mom

Kaylas mom Approved members

Nothing really here either. Kayla needs a new camera so I will look for that.

4. MamaBear

MamaBear Approved members

NOTHING! I HATE going out on Black Friday! Won't do it you cannot make me!:p I am actually almost all done because I have been shopping little bits at a time throughout the year. I just have a few stocking stuffers left to get.

5. Becky Stevens mom

Becky Stevens mom Approved members

I plan on spending part of the day in my jammies:) I may go out and get some groceries but thats about it. The crowds make me too nervous on that day. Steven said he would like to check it out and see if anyone gets into fights over X-box 360s :eek:

6. sisterbeth43

sisterbeth43 Approved members

If I go at all, it will just be to hold a place in line for my daughters.

7. Sarah Maddie's Mom

Sarah Maddie's Mom Approved members

Beth. You're a gem :cwds:

To the OP, nope. Nice lazy day at home ;)

8. CassiesMama

CassiesMama Approved members

My husband and I have gone for the last few years and there are just not any OMG must buy it deals that we really are after so this year we are staying in and finally going to sleep :p I am sooo over standing in line freezing my butt off in hopes we get what we came for. Plus we have been scouring the web for great deals for a few months now and are pretty much all done with Christmas shopping for kids and family.

9. kjmaf

kjmaf Approved members

I have been looking for digital cameras for my daughters for Christmas. I am working the day after Thanksgiving, but usually do my Black Friday shopping online (often on Thanksgiving Day!).

10. Ellen

Ellen Senior Member

I'm working. Money's tight. There's nothing I need badly enough to deal with the crowds. Good luck to all, enjoy, and stay safe.

11. lil'Man'sMom

lil'Man'sMom Approved members

I haven't done a black Friday in years. Well, I did get a good buy on a trampoline last year on black Friday but it was a late afternoon (after the crowds) spur of the moment thing.

I am going to Target to get a deal on a notebook, in and out... wish me luck:rolleyes:.

12. Lee

Lee Approved members

I was planning on camping out at BestBuy for their laptop deal, but I think Santa found one from their one day sale...so now my kids are dragging me out at 5am...e will hit Target and the Mall and other stores. Sports Authority is going to be having a buy one get one 1/2 off early bird special on shoes, so I will stop buy there. Oh, and gotta get the black Nike socks while they are on sale as well :rolleyes:

ETA: I never used to like to go, but we tried it one year and have been hooked ever since. I like it because I can spend 1/2 of what I would unless I bargained shopped and made multiple trips throughout the season. The girls like because it involved the mall.

13. bnmom

bnmom Approved members

I've not seen anything I'm dying to get, I usually do most of my bf shopping online in the comfort of my jammies. But my mom was asking about it today so I'll probably end up in line with her somewhere in the middle of the night. It is fun in a strange way just to be out deal hunting during odd hours...sort of our official kickoff to the Christmas countdown.

14. Sandy's mom

Sandy's mom Approved members

I want a Keurig! Hope someone has a deal :)

15. ecs1516

ecs1516 Approved members

We have never really shopped on Black Friday before. Plan on going out to get cheap Xbox games and controller.

16. Beach bum

Beach bum Approved members

I am not a fan of crowds so I won't be going out. Got some good deals today on team items, so I'm happy about that.

Some stores around here open tomorrow at 4pm, others at midnight. I Have a feeling the stores will be crazy at 12 because people will just stay up and go out.

The deals I don't get are worth it to stay home and chill and avoid crowds.

17. Butterfly Betty

Butterfly Betty Approved members

Not planning on going at all. Not really my thing, and I am looking forward to staying at home :)

18. Flutterby

Flutterby Approved members

I'm planning to go to two stores, walmart (ugh, I really don't want to go there, but they pricematch) and target... I'm doing walmart at 10p, and target at midnight, then coming home so my husband can go to work. I'm not going ANYWHERE NEAR a mall. I'll do that mid weeks on wednesdays, the day I have off, if we need anything, but I try and avoid the mall at all cost around the holiday.

19. Charliesmom

Charliesmom Approved members

That's the only thing that I have seen that looks like a good enough deal to make me venture out.

20. TheTestingMom

TheTestingMom Approved members

199.00 Laptop for my son