- advertisement -

What age should a cwd be allowed to carry a cell phone?

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by ashtensmom, Apr 16, 2012.

1. emm142

emm142 Approved members

Also, I had a cell phone before D entered my life but my family based when we got a cell phone on when we needed a cell phone. I got one at 11 and my brother got one at 9, because that was when we started catching a public bus to school and we needed to be able to communicate with mum about any problems with the bus and when we needed to be collected from the bus stop, etc. There are a number of times that without the cell phones one or both of us would have been stuck on a broken down bus with no way to call home. I have no doubt that had one of us needed a phone earlier for medical reasons, we probably would have gotten a cheap phone with a very limited contract so that we could not use it for other purposes.

2. Gracie'sMom

Gracie'sMom Approved members

We got my daughter one at 9, just before she started 5th grade. She was permitted to use it in school for texting me D related questions and BG's, we did it in 5th grade to practice for middle school.