- advertisement -

What a Jack*ss!

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by ShanaB, May 31, 2011.

1. ShanaB

ShanaB Approved members

2. Becky Stevens mom

Becky Stevens mom Approved members

My kids think that he's hysterical. I think he's a jerk:rolleyes: I had no idea that he was vegetarian and if so, he could have said no thank you to the meat dishes. He wasnt really trying to imply that eating meat causes any type of diabetes, was he?:confused:

3. HBMom

HBMom Approved members

He is definitely a misinformed idiot, but my question is: Why the heck did the woman talking to him (who said she was from children's hospital) AGREE with him??????

4. virgo39

virgo39 Approved members

Had no idea who he was -- looked at his website:

My book, Professional Idiot: A Memoir, comes out June 7th, and it's available for pre-order right now. I can't wait to hear what you think of it...​

'Nough said.

5. AlisonKS

AlisonKS Approved members

I always have to plan ahead when we go to events/restaurants. Pretty simple to do! We had something last year with the ADA that was catered and I asked the waiter if they could omit the cheese and chicken from their salad-100% vegan and pretty damn easy to figure out. Looks like he's trying to get attention besides being kicked in the nuts repeatedly.

6. dejahthoris

dejahthoris Approved members

7. Mimi

Mimi Approved members

What an idiot!

8. ehacker

ehacker Approved members

wow, one idiot makes a public statement and the others come to his defense.... reading thru the replys to the article and one guy is saying being on a plant based diet for 30 days will "cure" diabetes.....and doctors just want our kids eating meat so they can make money...why didn;t i think of that?? lmao. if only it was that wasy.:cwds:

9. etringali

etringali Approved members

Jack@$$ is insulting to donkeys. This guy is a dumb@$$.

10. 3kidlets

3kidlets Approved members

What a jerk.
    I'm a lifelong vegetarian (now Vegan) and would never expect a event to kowtow to me! It wasn't advertised as meat free, so what the heck is his problem? Why was he even at this event?

Last edited: May 31, 2011
  11. dejahthoris

There are vegetarians on his facebook THANKING him for walking out on the kids at the fundraiser.

12. Snowbound

Snowbound Approved members

The event organizers are the idiots. How could they possibly think that inviting someone like that was a good idea?

13. emm142

emm142 Approved members

Well, I've been vegetarian for a lot of years, so I don't think any meat caused my diabetes. ;)

This guy (and everyone who's agreeing with him) are so ridiculous it's funny.

14. Beach bum

Beach bum Approved members

Yep, what he said.

I saw a commercial for him on the Biography channel, they are doing a show on him. They talked about how he was fooling around with friends and his head set on fire, received severe burns. He was like "cool! This is what I want to do with my life." Why in the world would the ADA want him representing them at an event?

It's sad to think that people like this are sucking up all the air in the world.

15. Christopher

Christopher Approved members

What I don't understand is why people would expect any kind of rational behavior from Steve-O?

As for the event, I don't believe Steve-O is "representing" the ADA. It was a charity event with many different "celebrities" attending.

As for the meat/diabetes connection, clearly they are talking about Type 2. This is from an article on the event:

"I came here because I thought this was about promoting a plant-based diet as diabetes prevention and they're serving meat there, so I'm outta here. Its kind of an outrage to me, it's stupid."

One report published in the journal Diabetologia that pulled data from several studies looking at heavy meat eaters found red meat and processed meat consumption raised diabetes risk by up to 40% while heavy intake of all meat raised that risk by 21%.

And these results have been seen elsewhere. Another study in Diabetes Care found women with the highest intake of red meat were 28% more likely to develop diabetes than women with the lowest intake. Bacon and hot dogs were two of the meats tied strongly to developing diabetes.

Last edited: May 31, 2011
  16. MamaBear

MamaBear Approved members

Yup.:rolleyes:

17. caspi

caspi Approved members

Luckily my kids have no idea who this jerk is. They have never seen any of the Jack*ss movies. Then again they are only 15 and 12.

From what I have read about him, he's been in rehab in the past and with the exception of these movies, has no other career. (I may be wrong about this as I don't follow him, lol.)

What I am assuming is that this was just another stupid publicity stunt by yet another desperate "actor" for face time. And guess what? He got it! :rolleyes:

18. AlisonKS

AlisonKS Approved members

I spoke my mind on his page haha. I really wish vegetarians would educate themselves before they talk-makes people like me look even more crazy!

19. dejahthoris

Reading all the support this Steve o creature is getting for his "stand" is astounding. So many hucksters are out there pushing fake cures for "diabetes" with no differentiation between Type 1 and Type 2. It is propagating the ignorance and confusion about Type 1 diabetes. There really needs to be a totally different name for Type 1 diabetes.

20. SueM

SueM Banned

The one thing that I don't fully understand is that he said:

"I came here because I thought this was about promoting a plant-based diet as diabetes prevention and they're serving MEAT there ... so I'm outta here."

So, either a) He's an idiot who had no idea what type of an event that he was going to. Or, b) It was promoted to him as somehow being about a plant-based diet as diabetes prevention.

I do have to say though... Probably likely that a plant based diet would prevent many cases of type 2 diabetes.