- advertisement -

We're Back From Russia!

Discussion in 'Parents Off Topic' started by onthego, Oct 15, 2009.

1. onthego

onthego Approved members

I just wanted to give everyone an update on our adoption. We flew to Russia the 26th of September, and met a gorgeous little boy on his first birthday. We are so excited about bringing him home! We're anxiously waiting to hear when we can go back for court.

Gabe and Grandma had an awesome week! I was a total wreck on the way to the airport- Gabe woke up with large ketones. He rarely has ketones, so I was very worried about him. It was a Saturday so I couldn't call his endo. When we stopped for breakfast, his ketones were worse instead of better... but they were gone when we checked again at the airport! I firmly believe it was an answer to our prayers. My mom took super care of him- I was so proud of her! She was pretty pleased too.:) She emailed us with regular updates and I called her a couple times a day to check in. Everything went so smoothly and I was able to just relax and not worry about them.

Hoping to be heading back soon! (With Gabe this time!)

2. Mom2Will

Mom2Will Approved members

congrats!! I hope everything goes smoothly for the adoption. It is so nice that grandma was there to help with Gabe. Good luck with the rest of the process.

3. Sarah Maddie's Mom

Sarah Maddie's Mom Approved members

How exciting! I hope the adoption goes on without a hitch :cwds:

Does the 1 year old have D, too?

4. goochgirl

goochgirl Approved members

I've been thinking about you and your family and wondering when we would get an update. I'm so glad things went well for your mother, and I'm sure you are just thrilled with your new little one. I hope you get to go back to bring him home soon.

5. onthego

onthego Approved members

LOL! No he does not have D, but Gabe has said a few times that he wishes he would! So "he wouldn't feel left out!" :p

6. Sarah Maddie's Mom

Sarah Maddie's Mom Approved members

Adorable :cwds:

7. Andrews mom

Andrews mom Approved members

What region are you adopting from? We adopted from Krasnoyarsk back in 2006. Nate was 18 months when we brought him home, well, almost 19 months. It took us 4 months to wait for a court date. Are you on the 3 trip plan? I know that was just starting when we finished because they were starting to make people do the medicals in Russia instead of in the US.
    Best of luck!:p

8. onthego

onthego Approved members

How cool is that! I've wondered before if anyone on this board has adopted from Russia. We're adopting from Moscow City. We actually received word of our court date today- we leave in 2 weeks! We've only been home 2 weeks since Trip 1. We are actually planning to stay the 3 weeks instead of making 3 trips. Lucky for us, Moscow doesn't require the 8 dr. medical.

So happy to "meet" you! :D

9. Andrews mom

Andrews mom Approved members

Wow that is so exciting! I know that feeling of getting "the call" like it was yesterday! :D
    Moscow is nice. Kras is WAY out there- about 5 hours by plane and there was no running water, even at the orphanage. People stood in line at the water pump outside on the streets. It was crazy to see things like that in this day and age. Moscow was absolutely nothing like Kras. Thanksfully! We needed a break. We stayed at the Marriot in Moscow. Where are you guys staying? We really loved the Marriot. They gave an "adoption" rate back when we adopted so you should ask your hotel. Maybe you'll save a little money :rolleyes: (is that possible with international adoption??!!) I remember eating at the TGI Friday's there and it tasted like heaven after being in Kras! We stayed the 3 weeks in Kras - mostly because of cost of traveling back and forth was too much. Our agency doesnt work in the Moscow region or we definitely would have requested that.
    I am so excited for you! Let me know how it goes after you are home and settled in- the adjustment for us was much harder than I would have liked but everyday gets better.
    Have a great time and don't forget to take a lot of pictures!! :p
    Wishing happy and safe traveling to you and your family!