- advertisement -

Wept insulin, and i can smell the bandaids.

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by mmgirls, Feb 2, 2016.

1. mmgirls

mmgirls Approved members

I was just writing a response to another mom on facebook about possible issues with sites.

and I told the mom that my oldest has had a couple of sites that tunneled back and "wept insulin".

My god, I just saw in my minds eye the tear drop of insulin that she smelled coming from her site, and felt in on my skin.

Do bandaids even smell like that anymore?

2. rgcainmd

rgcainmd Approved members

I found your words poetic and they evoked a strong mental image for me!

I agree, insulin smells so like bandaids to me: the scent of bandaids amplified 100-fold.

3. quiltinmom

quiltinmom Approved members

I think insulin smells like a hospital. (And bandaids too.) I always know something isn't right when he smells like a hospital.

4. DiabetesMama

DiabetesMama Approved members

Yes! That's the smell exactly! I have been trying to figure out the scent ever since he was diagnosed, and that is what it is. Band-Aids and hospital! Yes, there was a mental image for me as well. I could see his site after removing the canula and the drop of insulin that follows. Weird how that is something so common for all of us now.

5. rgcainmd

rgcainmd Approved members

Another thought: On another D-site I frequent (or maybe it was here on this Forum...) a thread was titled "What does insulin smell like to you?" I found one particular answer compelling:

"It smells like LIFE."

6. Just Jen

Just Jen Approved members

I think of the new hit song, "My Insulin Pump Slowly Weeps."