- advertisement -

We started the saline run of the pump!

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by PAULEEN, Aug 5, 2008.

1. PAULEEN

PAULEEN Approved members

Hi All,
    Yesterday, we started doing the saline run of the MM 722. I think that it went smoothly of course it is not the 'real thing' but it is giving us a hands on experience and helping us to figure out our questions for the doctor when we begin with insulin on Thursday. My husband, my daughter, and myself all had sets put into us with the caps (the minimed quickset) while my son had the pump hook up with the saline in it. We did it so that we could see what he goes through and so that we have a better understanding of it. I let my son put mine in :eek: - he was so good at it and so proud. It really is not too bad. We will be taking ours out on Thurs when he gets hooked up with insulin. I am okay with the saline thing, it is the thought of having the insulin in and no more shots that really scares me! I know in time we will be "pros" with the pump too - I'm just not very good at having patience:rolleyes: You all helped me in the pump class lastnight, I really understood a lot more than I would have if I did not go to these boards! Our trainer/CDE was very impressed that I knew the diffrence of a square wave and a dual wave and that we could comprehend what she was saying. So for that I thank you all! :) I will probably be having a lot of questions for you all in the the next few weeks - so be forwarned :rolleyes: You'll be "seeing" a lot of me!

2. frizzyrazzy

frizzyrazzy Approved members

Good luck Pauline! Aaron will do great. We also really liked doing the saline , I felt very prepared when we went live.

3. MyAngelEmma

MyAngelEmma Approved members

Congratulatons to Aaron! How exciting! and hang in there Mom, I am sure things will go great! We will be in these same shoes in a few weeks so I will be watching your posts carefully and learning right along with you. We are really blessed to have this great group of experienced pumpers to help us out.

Take care!

4. Thoover

Thoover Approved members

Congrats on getting the pump and starting the saline trial. I did too like the Saline trial since it gave us a feel of what is going on, and before getting the insulin in her and not messing it all up.. Congrats again.

5. KelliTwins

KelliTwins Approved members

Congratulations! I can't wait to get started on our pump this month!