- advertisement -

We start our PING trial tomorrow!!!

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by brandygary, Sep 23, 2008.

1. brandygary

brandygary Approved members

Just got a call from the endos office and its confirmed. OMG!!! I'm so excited, nervous, anxious, scared, and, and, and...:p I hope and pray that Davin will do ok with this...fingers crossed. We get to keep it through the weekend to allow him to wear it at school, have a site change, and all the crazy stuff my little tornado does on a daily basis:rolleyes:

When were are the pre-pump class yesterday all he kept doing was pluging and un-pluging the infusion sets, YIKES:eek: Hopefully thoes were just really worn out and he won't do that to the one he is wearing.

2. Caydens_Mommy

Caydens_Mommy Approved members

Congrats, I hope that it goes well for you.. I know that you are excited.. We can't wait till Monday to being our pump start.. I understand all the concerns you are having, as I am thinking them too.. Let us know how it turns out for you guys!

3. iluvmhp

iluvmhp Approved members

Wishing you lots of luck!! You will love it. It is not always easy, but in our case, much much better than MDI!

4. MyAngelEmma

MyAngelEmma Approved members

Congrats and good luck! Don't worry...Davin will do great! Just explain to him why the infusion set is off limits. He is old enough to understand the importance of leaving it alone. The whole pumping experience is so much easier than what I had in my head that it was going to be. Trust me, you all will LOVE it!

5. michelleissweet

michelleissweet Approved members

Congrats!!! Aaron has been going through his trial with Animas Ping since Tuesday of last week. Thus far so good!!! We were told to put the sites where he could not reach like back of his butt cheeks but now wondering where else we can put them to give his buttocks a break smiles.!!!

Remember to put the pump on LOCKED!!!! Aaron told me once he had to give himself some medicine and proceeded to push the buttons luckly it only had saline in it and i did have it locked!!!

Will you be using the Inset 30? They look really scary at first at least to me it did!!! They did not make Aaron twitch one bit though.

MM

6. brandygary

brandygary Approved members

I don't know which infusion set we will be using. I am worried about that part though.

Davin lets us use his legs, tummy, and bum right now for his shots. I hope he lets us continue to use these areas for sites.

7. michelleissweet

michelleissweet Approved members

It took me a few days to get use to the Inset 30 just because of the way it looks but once i saw it did not bother Aaron i am okay with it. They say it just feels like a thump.
    I like the Animas Ping. The pump screen is the exact screen as the Ping!!