- advertisement -

We need your prayers.......

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by momof3princesses, Dec 24, 2008.

1. wdhinn89

wdhinn89 Approved members

I'm sorry.:(

2. Brensdad

Brensdad Approved members

And yet ANOTHER D diagnosis on a vacation. Amy and I were just talking about that last night.

Has anyone given you the "Well, at least you know what to do" speech yet?

3. iluvmhp

iluvmhp Approved members

Your entire family is in our prayers

4. PixieStix

PixieStix Approved members

I am sorry to read about your daughter's dx, it just stinks any day of the year but esp on her birthday and at Christmas. Hope things settle down and she feels better soon--if it were me, I would insist on a pump/CGM from the endo ASAP.

5. allisa

allisa Approved members

Just echoing the others.....:( you are all in my thoughts......

6. MelissaC

MelissaC Approved members

As veryone here has said I too am so sorry :(...this is my biggest fear - you know we will be here for you and I will keep your family in my thoughts.

i hope you were able to salvage a little of her birthday and Christmas and were able to have a little joy this holiday :cwds:

7. zeb'smom

zeb'smom Approved members

Not that any time would have been good timing but....what horrible timing! So sorry.

Take care.

8. hrtmom3

hrtmom3 Approved members

Sorry to hear about your daughter. ((Hugs) and prayers coming your way.

9. Noel

Noel Approved members

I am just now seeing this....I am so sorry. My son Aidan was dx'd on Christmas Eve as well. Christmas day is my birthday.

Again, I am sorry for the dx'd. Big hugs to you and your family. We are thinking of you here in NJ.

10. Darryl

Darryl Approved members

Really sorry to hear the news...

11. linda

linda Approved members

Wow. Im so sorry.Just read this and cant believe my reaction,(crying ):( although lack of sleep here, totally feel for you!! So sorry!! Drew (non D) was sick with mild flu/virus before holiday and I couldnt bring myself to 'check him' watching him drink lose weight etc...thankfully good # when I did, but we have this fear every time!!! Please try to be strong!! Remember how resilient our kids are!!! Thoughts and prayers!!!! Come back and chat/vent!!!! Let us know how we can help!!:cwds:

12. Barbzzz

Barbzzz Approved members

I'm really sorry for this dx for Alex. Stay strong, we're here for you if you need to vent.

How is Lily doing upon hearing this? You know how kids are, and she's at that age where sympathy/empathy is sorely lacking. I'm sure she will enjoy being Alex's D mentor. :rolleyes::D:eek:

13. Kirsten

Kirsten Approved members

I'm just reading this. So sorry to hear about the diagnosis.:(

14. Ellen

Ellen Senior Member

Does Alex want the pump and cgm now? If she does, I'd push for it immediately. It's not unheard of to be put on one at diagnosis.

I just saw this thread....how unfair life can be. Big hugs to Alex and a belated happy birthday wish. Big hugs to mom too!

[​IMG]

15. Tigerlilly's mom

Tigerlilly's mom Approved members

I am so sorry to hear of Alex's diagnosis:( Not that there is ever a good time, but what a horrible time for her to be diagnosed! Hugs to both of you. Keep us updated on how you are both doing.

16. katielee

katielee New Member

praying for you

praying for you and your family, be strong, i know this is a difficult time, know that you have lots of people here to help.
    katie:cwds: