- advertisement -

We need your prayers.......

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by momof3princesses, Dec 24, 2008.

1. TerpSteph

TerpSteph Approved members

Continued prayers for your family.

2. lisalotsamom

lisalotsamom Approved members

Prayers for your daughter!
    I'm sosorry....this is such a fear of mine, and I'm constantly on alert when one of the kids is drinking a lot or using the bathroom frequently.

3. KellyMama

KellyMama Approved members

((HUGS)) and prayers. It's never a good day to be dx'd but I hope everyone got to enjoy their Christmas morning at least.

4. Mom2Boys

Mom2Boys Approved members

I'm so sorry. My thoughts are with you and your family.

5. mom_to_kenzie

mom_to_kenzie Approved members

looking for the update...hope things are ok :(
    sending prayers yr way....

6. momof3princesses

momof3princesses Approved members

Wow - thank you all so much for your prayers! Well, our worst nightmare has come true. Alex was diagnosed with Type 1. We did catch it early, I suppose. Her AIC was 8.2. She has no symptoms other than thirst so no ketones at all. She is absolutely devastated, which has been hard to see. She is a smart girl and knows how important it is to be vigilant about her care. I don't think we've all had time to soak it all in. When it hits, I'll probably sob for a few hours. Right now, I'm in shock, I think. They did let us come home today with a full day of appointments scheduled for Monday. I can't tell you how much all the well-wishes mean, truly. The nurses in the ER went to the gift shop and bought her a huge bag of gifts and a balloon and came and sang her a crazy birthday song. Then, today, Child Life brought her a big bag of Christmas gifts so they really tried to make her birthday/Christmas as special as possible considering the circumstances. Thank you again and continue to keep us in your prayers. I'll be posting more questions about all of the little things about injections, etc. that I've forgotten!

Christy

7. Pauji5

Pauji5 Approved members

I'm so sorry to hear your news. I'll say a prayer for your family.

8. Jacob'sDad

Jacob'sDad Approved members

I'm so very sorry that this has happened.:( My thoughts and those of my family are with you and your family.

9. Lance

Lance Approved members

Very sorry to hear this. You and all your family will be in our prayers.

10. Kelly

Kelly Approved members

I'm so sorry to read this. Hugs and prayers. Happy Birthday to Alex though and a Merry Christmas to your family. Sucks. :(

11. Schleprock

Schleprock Approved members

I'm so sorry to hear this Christy, I will keep you all in my prayers as well.

12. betty6333

betty6333 Approved members

I am sending you all a big (( hug )).

13. 2type1s

2type1s Approved members

I'm so sorry. This has been weighing on my Christmas all day. We have talked about this as a family and prayed for you all. It's quite a roller coaster with 2 D's, but you can do it. Your 14 year old will amaze you. She will be brave and strong. Mine is. She can e-mail yours when she's ready. Morgan has been dealing with this for over 9 years. prayers to you all...

14. Heather(CA)

Heather(CA) Approved members

I'm so sorry, that was sweet of the Hosp. staff. She must have made a big impression:cwds: She sure has a lot wrapped up in one day (((((HUGS)))))

15. samheis

samheis Approved members

I am so sorry!

16. shirley83006

shirley83006 Approved members

just couldnt sleep and saw this post. wow. so sorry for this other wammy. what a blessing though that you caught it and you knew how to deal with it. Our warm prayers and thoughts are going your way!!

17. lynn

lynn Approved members

I'm so, so sorry to hear about your daughter. I had prayed for her high numbers to be something simple.

My son's birthday is on Christmas and I thought of your daughter yesterday as he was opening his presents.

I will continue to pray that you can easily learn all that you need to know to take care of your daughter's diabetes.

18. deafmack

deafmack Approved members

Sending another round of (((HUGS))) and prayers for Alex and your family.

19. buffalomom

buffalomom Approved members

So sorry to hear......prayers from Buffalo.

20. wvchinacat

wvchinacat Approved members

So sorry you are having to deal with this - and right now . . . I hope with all the commotion you had the chance to sit and still have a bit of Holiday cheer. I know the next few weeks will be emotional - ((hugs)) your way! Blessings for your New Year. Glad you were able to catch this early! But sad that you had to "catch" it at all!

Vicki