- advertisement -

We need your prayers.......

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by momof3princesses, Dec 24, 2008.

1. momof3princesses

momof3princesses Approved members

We need your prayers.......UPDATE pg.5

We just returned from a fun-filled holiday trip to Chicago and our oldest daughter has been drinking everything in sight today. I checked her finger and she was 289 - rechecked, 389, rechecked-394, I called the Endo and he said she should come to the ER today. Her blood ketones were negative (0.0) so we are holding off until we can open presents. Santa is going to come tonight, we told the kids. Today is also her 14th birthday. I'm so bummed and scared out of my mind right now. Just needed to vent.......

Last edited: Dec 25, 2008
  2. Wendyb

Wendyb Approved members

Oh Cristy---I'm no expert but this is not good news. If it is d---good for catching it before ketones. Why is it that this happens during the holidays? Keep us up to date. I am thinking of you and your family.

3. LJM

LJM Approved members

I am so sorry your family is facing this on Christmas (or any day for that matter). I will say prayers for you all.

4. emm142

emm142 Approved members

Praying for you, and hoping everything works out. *hugs* I have so much respect for the parents who help make things easier for their kids with D, and I'll be thinking of your family today.

5. buggle

buggle Approved members

I'm so, so sorry. Life can be so unfair. It sounds like you're doing a wonderful job keeping her b-day and Christmas special for her.

6. GaPeach

GaPeach Approved members

Praying in Georgia.

7. Abby-Dabby-Doo

Abby-Dabby-Doo Approved members

I'm sorry, I know this will weigh heavily on your mind. :(
    If I were in your shoes, I'd be doing the same thing. You know the warning signs, keep up with the ketone testing, keep her hydrated, and my heart goes out to you- hoping for a fluke. Prayers coming your way! :cwds:

8. Mimi

Mimi Approved members

Saying a prayer for you and your family.

9. Denise

Denise Approved members

Oh my goodness. As I read your post I sighed and said "oh no". This is what we all fear and know is possible but pray it won't happen. I really and truly pray this is NOT D but we all know the signs...I pray it's just a fluke. I do believe in miracles and we sure could use a CHRISTMAS miracle....some positive news would be nice.

10. CButler

CButler Approved members

Oh I'm so sorry. I will say a prayer.

11. hold48398

hold48398 Approved members

I hope it is not so :(. Ugh :(. Just not fair...on top of it being her birthday AND it's Xmas :(. ((((hugs))))

12. czardoust

czardoust Approved members

oh no!!! :eek::( im so sorry. i'm praying for your family.

13. Mama2H

Mama2H Approved members

I am so sorry :( I hate this disease and everything it does to our families :mad: I swears it invades on everything. I will keep your family in my prayers.

14. coni

coni Approved members

I am so, so sorry. My thoughts are with you and your family. What terrible, awful timing...as if there's any good time for these kinds of worries, but Christmas Eve and birthday??? Truly heartbreaking. Let us know how things go.

15. vettechmomof2

vettechmomof2 Approved members

Happy Birthday wishes and prayers are a def. for all of you.
    Allene

16. ecs1516

ecs1516 Approved members

My thoughts and prayers are with you at this time.

17. Becky Stevens mom

Becky Stevens mom Approved members

Im so sorry Christy, Your family is in my prayers

18. mischloss

mischloss Approved members

Just checked in the wish everyone a Merry Christmas and saw this! So sorry to hear of it and the timing of course is rotten. But you have to believe that YOU are a blessing to your daughter. You are on top of things and I know you will not let anything spiral into ketones! Let her have her Christmas Eve and birthday but just keep hydrating and checking every couple of hours. Maybe it is just a bug? Let's hope and pray that it is.

God bless you and yours.
    Maria

19. Colleen

Colleen Approved members

Hopefully you caught it early so that she will not need to be hospitalized. Praying for you.

20. bgallini

bgallini Approved members

What a sad thing to happen on her birthday and Christmas. I'm sure you will help her through it all. Hopefully she will not have to stay in the hospital.