- advertisement -

We met the Jonas Brothers!

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by Twinklet, Jul 17, 2008.

1. Twinklet

Twinklet Approved members

I'm getting a ton of PM's after posting my new sig pic, so here's the story!

Emily won Meet and Greet passes on their fan club website.

We got there early to sign the tour bus and get our invitations and wristbands. We waited in a LONG line for over 2 hours; apparently they were doing interviews in LA and their plane to San Jose was late. So the meet/greet was kinda rushed and I have to admit I was grossly disappointed in that. But, at least we were able to speak for a minute or so and Emily got a great photo! I'll put others in the attachment below.

I took some of these photos and others were taken by their assistant. They didn't allow us to take our own photos there for some reason.

When it became our turn to walk into the area, I was as nervous as a teenager! Kevin introduced himself and shook my hand (as if I didn't know who he was!!). I yanked Emily's tubing out of her pump pack right before we walked up and Nick said, "Oh, do you have diabetes too?" and they chatted for a minute.

I got to speak to Nick for a few seconds about D and Emily. Then they took a photo with Emily. Joe pulled me into the pic but I told them I just wanted this to be Emily's fun night. So he gave me a big hug!

I had so many things I wanted to ask/tell the boys and especially Nick. I wish I could have talked to his mom. He showed a 5 minute video about his life with D during the concert. It showed him fingersticking, putting a pod on and counting carbs. On one area, his mom told him he was being "very unpleasant" and looked at his Pod PDA. Then she said, "You're 400!" and he had a smart-alec teen look on his face. LOL!

Then he sang his new song about D ("A Little Bit Longer"), which I honestly didn't like when I heard it on YouTube. But in concert it was AWESOME and IT ROCKED! He paused in the song and talked about how hard it is to have D and how no one REALLY understands, even though they think they do. He actually shed a tear and got pretty emotional. He also got a very determined look on his face and said he refuses to let it stop him and ended with "Guess what? It hasn't." It was very emotional and many people were crying. I was shocked at how beautiful it was. The YouTube videos of it do not do it justice at all. I was so happy for Emily to see all of that and know that she's not alone and even famous kids get D and deal with it--and it doesn't stop them.

Emily is still over the moon and has REFUSED TO SHOWER because she got hugs from and touched the Jonas Brothers!!

Bottom line: If your kids like these guys at all, try to get to their Burnin' Up concert. There's a lot of D talk and encouragement and it was worth every penny we spent, even if we didn't get to meet them.

2. bflohockeymom

bflohockeymom Approved members

Oh that is so awesome!!!! I got goosebumps just reading your post. What an awesome experience for Emily!!! Thanks for sharing the pics!

3. Lee

Lee Approved members

Boy- I wish this was something all of our tween D girls could experience!

4. Mama Belle

Mama Belle Approved members

Awww ... yay! Such good pictures! I am going to show them to Sam when she gets home from her dad's. She will be soooooo jealous! :D

ETA: Emily has the cutest glasses ever!

5. twodoor2

twodoor2 Approved members

Andie,
    Where's YOUR pic??
    Thanks for sharing, that is so cool, and I bet Emily was just on cloud nine the whole time. :D

6. momtojess

momtojess Approved members

What an awesome experience!!!

That sounds like such a great day!

7. Twinklet

Twinklet Approved members

Well, I'm in the brown sweater! LOL! I admit I kinda wanted to be in the photo because I actually really like their music and know all the words to their songs (4 teen girls in line with us dubbed me the "coolest mom ever"...LOL!!!!). But I wanted this to be Emily's shining glory moment. :D

Emily is STILL on cloud 9! And is loving showing the pics to neighborhood girls! LOL!

8. Claire64

Claire64 Approved members

That is so exciting!

Landon and Ryan are going to the Jonas Brothers on August 11th. I'll have to check and see if there's some way for Landon to meet them. It sounds like an awesome experience!

9. LJS118

LJS118 Approved members

Okay I'm a sap:D Just reading your post about what Nick said during the concert is making me cry.
    How awesome that you guys met him.

10. thebestnest5

thebestnest5 Approved members

I am so happy for Emily and you! I can't wait to show Liv the photos. Thank you for posting; that it just awesome!

11. KarenRI

KarenRI Approved members

Good for her! What a wonderful story! She will remember this for her entire life.

My son met Johnny Damon when he played on the Red Sox. Both his parents have D, and he took a few minutes to give Nate words of encouragement. It was a day Nate will never forget.

12. WestinsMom

WestinsMom Approved members

That is so cool!!!!

My son just said, "That would be my worst nightmare." (meeting the Jonas Brothers) Oh well, so I am the only fan in the house.

In college I touched Kicks Brooks from Brooks and Dun and I ran through the halls of my dorm screaming about it...looking back seems very silly...but :)

13. Caydens_Mommy

Caydens_Mommy Approved members

Oh, that is awesome!!

I've got boys, so they aren't in to the Jonas Brother hype that much, but my oldest did like the Camp Rock show, but honetsly I think I liked it more then him.. lol... I'm a fan also.. :)

14. TEXSONMOM

TEXSONMOM Approved members

This is AWESOME - brought a tear to my eye - I am so glad you guys got the opportunity.

15. Barbzzz

Barbzzz Approved members

What a great day for Emily. She looks like she's thinking, "OMG! I can't believe I'm standing next to Nick Jonas! If this is a dream, I hope it never ends!" Way to go, Emily!

16. caspi

caspi Approved members

That is so cool!!! We're going to see them here in VA in August. I can't, uh I mean Cameron can't wait! ;):D

17. MissMadisonsMom

MissMadisonsMom Approved members

I am so happy for you -- and quite jealous. Madison had to miss the Jonas Brothers concert here in Washington last October because she was too sick - We got her D diagnosis the day after the concert. I think that is one of the things that upsets her the most about D was having to miss that concert :(. She has her unused ticket taped to her mirror. Now, she is frantically searching ticketmaster for tickets, but they aren't coming to Washington (State) this tour. Maybe next time.

18. malyssa

malyssa Approved members

I'm pretty sure this is the video...it's not the greatest quality with the screaming fans and all, but you can still hear most of it if you listen carefully. :)

http://youtube.com/watch?v=FMy5SQ0uUtM

19. Momof4gr8kids

Momof4gr8kids Approved members

How neat! It sounds like the JB and concert really had an effect on Emily :D

20. MelissaC

MelissaC Approved members

Oh Man! I am jealous! It is funny, Avery really likes the Jonas brothers but not many of her friends do... guess it's that "D" connection...

What an awesome experience - I am sure that I would have been one of the bawling fans when Nick sang his song... Way to go for him too - he is raising so much awareness!