- advertisement -

We just met Bret Michaels!!

Discussion in 'Parents Off Topic' started by McKenna'smom, Sep 10, 2010.

1. McKenna'smom

McKenna'smom Approved members

Bret is filming for an upcoming reality show on VH1 and asked ADA to invite some people for a meet and greet at Phoenix Children's Hospital. We were lucky to get an invite and got to meet and talk with him a bit. He was very personable and very nice to us. He is such a big supporter!!

It is late, I'll add more about our visit tomorrow!

2. Deannas mom

Deannas mom Approved members

That is so cool!!

3. sooz

sooz Approved members

Wow! VERY cool..

4. BrokenPancreas

BrokenPancreas Banned

Love him, do you meet Janna also?

5. piratelight

piratelight Approved members

Awesome! I wish we could meet him!

6. McKenna'smom

No, we didn't see Janna, but his daughter Raine was there. She was so cute as his assistant. She was even helping out the sound guys for the shoot. She was very sweet!

Last edited: Sep 10, 2010
  7. MamaBear

MamaBear Approved members

Sooooooooooooooooo jealous!!!

8. jetsmom

jetsmom Approved members

Love Bret!

9. McKenna'smom

Here's the scoop!

Bret Michael's people had contacted ADA to invite a few of their biggest supporters for a meet and greet to be held at Children's Hospital. We were told to make some signs thanking Bret for his support. It was also going to be casual, and not made to look like a contrived meet and greet!

Anyway, we were told to arrive at 5:00 PM and that the filming would start around 5:30 and last for 2-3 hours. Well, 5:30 came and went and no sign of Bret. However, we did meet some amazing families who were going through the same things we were. Since we were out on the playground, the kids were having a blast running around climbing the equipment and playing tag. Fortunately, it wasn't too terribly hot and we were in the shade. Anyway, an announcement was finally made at around 6:00 PM that Bret was due to arrive in about 40 minutes and that he was going to go up to the hospital floor first and everybody was urged to go get a bite to eat inside. Unfortunately, they collected all our signs, as if we weren't going to be expecting him to arrive at this ADA function. We were also told than when he came out, we should stay in where we were and not rush him that he could come see each and every one of us. Well around 8:00 PM, as it was getting darker, we were told to all go into the cafeteria and that we would be meeting Bret there.

We waited until around 9:00 PM for him to finally come down from the floor.

[​IMG]

He immediately thanked us for our patience and waiting for him, then asked if anybody wanted pictures. Of course, everybody then stampeded to the front of the room. We ended up waiting another 45 minutes in line to see him. While we were in line, his daughter Raine handed out stuffed bears to some of the kids. Our daughter was lucky enough to get one.

Bret took time with everybody, especially the children with diabetes. He was always saying, don't worry, I'll talk to all of you. As kid's came down from the wards, he would stop and visit with them and then go back to the line. It wasn't a quick, shake hands, get a picture, move on kind of thing.

[​IMG]

When it was finally our turn, he asked how McKenna was feeling and if she had been to camp, then proceeded to tell her how great camp was and that she should really go. I told him how impressed I was with him on Celebrity Apprentice, which he was very humble about, and I told him that I loved his Snapple drink. He said that Trop-A-Rocka is now Snapple's third most popular flavor! He then autographed McKenna's diary and then posed for some pictures with us. I was totally blown away about how nice, personable, well spoken, accommodating and down to earth he was.

[​IMG]

I'm not what you would call a celebrity hound, but it was so nice to be invited to meet someone who has done so much to help children like ours deal with this life altering illness. God bless you Bret!

10. Mom2rh

Mom2rh Approved members

It is so nice when a celebrity acts the way you hope they will! Thank so much for sharing your story and pictures! :D

11. Heather(CA)

Heather(CA) Approved members

Oh man I am totally jealous:D I'm so glad you guys had that experience:D

12. Ellen

Ellen Senior Member

Thanks so much for sharing. That was fabulous.

13. PatriciaMidwest

PatriciaMidwest Approved members

That is awesome!

Sounds like he was indeed very generous with his time. Very cool.