- advertisement -

We have to choose a new insurance plan

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by TerpSteph, Mar 30, 2009.

1. TerpSteph

TerpSteph Approved members

:(

We just found out that the MD state government will no longer offer Kaiser Permanente as an option when we have open enrollment next month. We've been with them for over 20 years and love them. We're going to be leaving a doctor that we've been with since Matt was a year old. We also have to choose a new endo and figure out how all of the prescriptions will be changed over to the new plan. So overwhelming!

One of the big questions I'm pondering: Should I look for a pediatric endo for Matt or switch him to a regular endo? He currently sees a ped endo and we were told that he could stay with her until he was 21. Do your older teens see a ped endo or a regular one?

2. Adinsmom

Adinsmom Approved members

We just switched insurances this month. It was a hard decision for me. I almost felt like I was in the middle of a break-up.

It is a little bit of a hassle but I felt in the long run it would be better. Both financially and care wise. Our current Endo is out of network on our new plan so I am actively looking for a new endo with the option to pay out of network if I can't find one I like as well as her.

Good Luck. Sorry I can't answer the adult endo or ped endo. What does you son say he would prefer?