- advertisement -

We are everywhere!

Discussion in 'Adults with Type 1' started by Armyemily, Jul 14, 2008.

1. Armyemily

Armyemily Approved members

I was walking into wal-mart tonight with my 4 year old nehpew and there was an older man (around 70) standing at the door with his wife trying to look for something in the bag( I later found out where gloucose tabs.) My nehpew tuged on my pants I bent down and he said very loudly "He has a medicine box too:eek:!!!! I looked over and sure enough he had a Minimed (702) pump hanging off his pants:eek:. We got to talking and talked for at least 20min until my nephew said "AUNT EM I AM READY TO GO LOOK AT TOYS NOW!:cwds:"

Oh and I found out he likes the same Tabs I DO!!! Watermelon!

Just thought I would share how kids say the dardest things and notice things we wouldn't

2. Thoover

Thoover Approved members

That is great that he realized someone was just like him to.

And the toy section I wouldn't have had time to stop they would have been bugging me.. Come on Mom...LOL:D

3. RyansAuntKaKa

RyansAuntKaKa Approved members

Yesterday, my sister and I went with our brother, sister-in-law and t1 7 year old nephew to Air and Space Museum in Dulles, VA. After we went to Red Robin to eat. We asked for nuttitional information from the hostess. A few minutes later, the manager came over and asked if he could help and was there an allergy or something. We said we needed carb information as nephew was diabetic. He pointed to the pump on his side and said so am I. My nephew thought that was cool. So he went and looked up what we needed. Red Robin info is not in Calorie King book.

4. Armyemily

My nephew does not have diabetes... He was talk about he has a medicine box like me... we were going to pick out one toy because he was able to stay in sunday school and was not scared.

5. Armyemily

Ryans aunt... who better to get it from then another diabetic. I don't go to Red Robin anymore because they never are able to find a nutritional guide. I love there food thought

6. RyansAuntKaKa

I also looked on their website today and got info on some of the kids meals for future just to be prepared.

7. whistler

whistler Approved members

That's awesome! I was just today talking to a friend about how I NEVER see any other diabetics around. I would enjoy seeing and talking to another diabetic.

I love Red Robin! When I go there I usually just take a wild guess! Usually ends up ok, definitely well worth it! What kind of carb info did you find out? I should ask next time I go!

8. RyansAuntKaKa

If you go to www.redrobin.com, they have all of the info listed under nutrition. You pick the items you want and it tells you total for fat, calories, carbs, etc. for the entire meal.

9. whistler

whistler Approved members

Thank you very much! :D

10. TripleThreat

TripleThreat Approved members

When i was i colorado, i could of swore i saw Emma, and Emmas mom. The girl that looked like Emma was wearing a pump, and Cgms on her arm. But i wasn`t sure if it was them and didn`t want to look foolish. but i know they live in Texas

11. buggle

buggle Approved members

12. TripleThreat

TripleThreat Approved members

I was in Denver in March, April and June