- advertisement -

Waterproof container for Dex-- does this exist?

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by Charlotte'sMom, Jan 21, 2014.

1. Charlotte'sMom

Charlotte'sMom Approved members

Charlotte went to retrieve a ball in the pool.... and fell in. I will refrain from ranting about why they can't make the receivers waterproof like they do pumps and just ask if there's some sort of waterproof container available to put it in? Dex will replace it this time for $199. Next time it will be $599 (which means there won't be a next time).

2. Beach bum

Beach bum Approved members

We use an aqua pack. We got ours at a kayak shop, though you probably could get them at a marine supply store too. She takes it sailing and it's gone in the drink several times with no ill effects.

3. hawkeyegirl

hawkeyegirl Approved members

We got a pouch at Dick's Sporting Goods that is waterproof and made to hold a cell phone. It works great for the Dex. It came with a lanyard, and I wore it around my neck when we went to a waterpark last summer. It might have been $6-$7 or so.

4. Michelle'sMom

Michelle'sMom Approved members

We use a waterproof pack from Spibelt.

5. mmgirls

mmgirls Approved members

I used what is on hand.

"Foodsaver"ed , but I have also seen different double zipper "dry packs" in the camping section along with hard sided cases.