advertisement

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Waterproof bag for D supplies...any idea where to find one?

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by KayJay, Jul 22, 2009.

1. KayJay

KayJay Approved members

We are going on a family camping trip with our Boy Scout troop next month. There will be some tubing down the river and of course there could be rain. I need a bag or backpack that will be waterproof for Noelle's supplies. Does anyone have any ideas to help me out? Thanks!

2. TracieandJim

TracieandJim Approved members

Go to a Scuba diving shop. They have nice waterproof bags designed to withstand being on a boat and protecting your gear. Sometimes on the fly I use a larger freezer ziploc bag. Its cheaper. ;)

3. StillMamamia

StillMamamia Approved members

4. mom2two

mom2two Approved members

5. skimom

skimom Approved members

go to a store like REI - they have lots of waterproof bags, containers etc - we bought one that floats (just in case...)

6. KayJay

KayJay Approved members

Thank you for the great ideas! That gives me a direction to starting looking in :)

7. cem

cem Approved members

I got a great one at Dick's sporting goods - it is waterproof and it floats (we got it for canoeing). It's called a Dry Pak. The only problem is that the Frio case we use to keep the insulin cool can't be kept inside it - since it works via evaporation it can't be in an airtight container. Better to lose a little insulin than to lose our Omnipod PDM. Good for you for not letting diabetes interfere with your outdoor adventures!