- advertisement -

Washing meter cases

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by Mom2Av, Jan 8, 2012.

1. Mom2Av

Mom2Av Approved members

Yesterday in a thread about cleaning up after a finger stick, there was a post about tossing the meter case in the wash. I'm just curious....how often/how do you wash your meter case? We have been at this D thing a year this month. Some of the meter cases could stand a cleaning......
    thanks for any answers.
    Allison

2. mom2Hanna

mom2Hanna Approved members

Hanna uses the ping meter and it fits perfectly in the cute accucheck meter cases and they are only $3.50 so I order a few and when they get ratty, I replace them.

3. nanhsot

nanhsot Approved members

I was fascinated by that too, we're heading into our 2nd year and those things are NASTY. Today, on a whim, I threw two of them into the wash with some towels (we have about 6 meters around here). They did fine! I am air (not machine drying) and they are still damp so haven't moved back into them yet, but they don't look any different...just cleaner!

4. caspi

caspi Approved members

I wash his PDM case once a month - throw it in with a regular load - and air dry it. Never had an issue.

5. Michelle'sMom

Michelle'sMom Approved members

We use the Accu Chek meter cases mentioned above. I hand wash them & hang them to dry. They have a cardboard insert that falls apart after about 6 washings.

I order 3 or 4 new ones at a time. I can't stand a nasty meter case. :p

6. momandwifeoftype1s

momandwifeoftype1s Approved members

I only buy meter cases with a black background color, so they rarely look dirty. I spot clean them with dishwasher soap and a Dobie sponge and air dry them.