- advertisement -

Was there a winner for Disney Once Upon a Time Contest?

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by momandwifeoftype1s, Mar 26, 2012.

1. momandwifeoftype1s

momandwifeoftype1s Approved members

I entered an essay for the Disney Once Upon a Time contest last year http://www.onceuponatimecontest.com/entry.html, and I've been looking for a winner to be announced. The winner was supposed to have been notified by the end of January and announced here http://family.go.com/parenting/pkg-type-1-diabetes/?cmp=OTC_Vanity_Type1_Fcom

Was there ever a winner selected? Is there ever going to be a winner selected? What happened to this contest? I'd like to read the winning essay.

Does anyone know?

Thanks!

2. momandwifeoftype1s

Once upon a time I spent a lot of time, emotional energy and effort entering an essay contest. The winner was never announced. The End. :rolleyes:

3. Caldercup

Caldercup Approved members

I'm 100% sure they've been notified (there are very stict laws regarding the running and fulfillment of contests -- and Disney is 'old hat' at it. They're not going to NOT do something according to the letter of the law, IMHO.)

They are probably going through the proper steps of preparing to announce it publicly. I bet the winner has to be triple verified, their judging process has to be triple verified and then they have to announce it.

That said, it might be a fairly quiet announcement. (The contest itself is the big "look at us, we're Disney" event. The announcement, not so much.)

4. momandwifeoftype1s

Are you the winner, Eileen?

5. MyBoys'Mom

MyBoys'Mom Approved members

I haven't gotten any notification, so it wasn't me :(. I hope some talented writer here won!!!!

6. momandwifeoftype1s

I'm sorry it wasn't you, Sally. I would really like to read the winning essay. Actually, I'd love to read all of them. :)

7. Caldercup

Caldercup Approved members

Gosh no -- though I wish I'd paid attention to the contest. (I've got cruddy luck for such things, though I made it to the second round of the Mom's Panel the first year it came out.)

I'm just very active on a Disney discussion board (http://www.passporterboards.com/forums/index.php) and have spent many years reading and dissecting Disney's business practices. That's why I'm "100% sure" they've contacted the winner and all procedures are being followed to the letter -- they're pros at all of that stuff, with a bevy of lawyers to keep them on the straight and narrow. Not to mention they'd never intentionallly do anything to damage their excellent PR reputation. Certainly, not over a vacation that would cost them next to nothing to provide to the winner.)

Eileen

8. NikkiDuck

NikkiDuck Approved members

Once Upon A Time Contest

I've been wondering the same thing and searching for results of the competition! Please post if you find out.

9. momandwifeoftype1s

Sure thing!

10. MyBoys'Mom

I'm dredging this one back up. It's almost time for FFL and still haven't seen an essay posted. Has anyone and have I just missed it? I'd love to read it.

11. Jeff

Jeff Founder, CWD

A winner was chosen. I don't know who it is or when it will be made public, but there is a winner.

12. Catiesmom

Catiesmom Approved members

13. Sarah Maddie's Mom

Sarah Maddie's Mom Approved members

Anyone know if she has a screen name here on the forums?

14. Becky Stevens mom

Becky Stevens mom Approved members

15. MyBoys'Mom

Oh gosh. I think that is the sweetest, most heartfelt, most courageous thing I've read. They are so deserving. I hope they have a most-wonderful time!

16. caspi

caspi Approved members

I had never read this blog before today. What an amazing family! They most definitely deserve this trip. I hope they have a great time!

17. Mommy For Life

Mommy For Life Approved members

Hearing this great news made my day!!! :D

Found Meri's blog shortly after DD's diagnosis....what an inspiration!! Hope they have an amazing time!! :cwds:

18. Marcia

Marcia Approved members

I never read (or heard of) the blog before today. I just finished reading all of the blog entries, and I am so happy for Meri and her family and I hope they all have a wonderful time. Meri is gifted with being able to express herself through her writing, and we have received a gift by being able to share her life.

19. kiwikid

kiwikid Approved members

Yes Meri does have a username here - but for the life of me I have forgotten it :( :cwds:

20. kiwikid

kiwikid Approved members

I do believe that Triple Threat is Meri's CWD username - it came to me in the middle of night - as things do... :cwds: