- advertisement -

Warning: Vent inside!

Discussion in 'Teens' started by malyssa, Mar 2, 2010.

1. malyssa

malyssa Approved members

So I have a biology exam tomorrow. During the semester, we have three exams, and thats it. We have a few quizzes thrown in there, but the majority of our grade is based upon the grades we get on those three exams...so I'm sitting here trying to study, and I feel myself getting more and more distracted, and unable to concentrate...and thirsty, really thirsty. So, I decide to test...503!?!? :eek::( I have no idea what happened; pump is ok, I was 134 last check a few hours ago...I'm kind of mad right now, no, I am mad.

I write that essay about how I see diabetes, and how I take it in stride, and then this. Well, like I said, when you have diabetes there are always going to be good/bad/ugly days...and well, this has turned into one of the ugly ones. But I'll get through it, and hopefully wont completely bomb my exam because of it.

Anyway, sorry for the vent...now I am off to change my site, correct, and TRY to study...just when you think you got the monster under control...it rears its ugly head. When will diabetes ever learn that I'll always win against it? Sure it's kicking my butt at the moment, but...it'll be alright.

2. Toni

Toni Banned

I guess the 500 is from stress. And with your whole grade hanging on those three exams, of course you feel stress. P.S. I was told the brain can use a lot of glucose if you are studying heavily. So would watch for lows if cramming generally.

3. malyssa

malyssa Approved members

I think it was from stress. College level science is so rigorous! I'm physically in biology class for seven hours a week! :eek: Three days a week.

I changed my site anyway last night. An hour and a half later, I was 224. And then at around 4am I went low, 48. Treated and fell back to sleep until 6:45, and was 74. Then I was 223 before the exam, and was 104 by the end (it only took me an hour). And surprisingly, after all of that, I feel like I did really well! :)

I noticed that I tend to go low, or have a big drop by the end of study sessions and exams. Hmm..thanks for that tip!

4. s0ccerfreak

s0ccerfreak Approved members

I hate classes like that. My anatomy and microbiology have 3-4 tests and a bunch of little quizzes, but our grade based more off the tests. Bg's are definitely crazy the weeks I have tests (i tend to have micro and anatomy tests the same week). I'm sure staying up late studying and stress have something to do with it. I also notice that I start the test at a higher bg then drop towards the end so I do not correct before or during a test.
    I hope your test went well :cwds: I've got 2 next week friday, bring on the crazy bg's.

5. kierbabi09

kierbabi09 Approved members

Awww Im sorry Malyssa, that really sucks :(
    I feel like diabetes and college is so much harder than diabetes and high school.
    Hope that you come down to a much better number.

6. malyssa

malyssa Approved members

Mhm, gotta love college science courses, lol. Yes, bgs very crazy during times of exams. I had one Monday too, so I've been stressing quite a bit. And today, since after lunch, I've been low. :rolleyes:
    My exam did go well, and I feel really good about it. There were only four questions I was unsure about. :)
    AHHH!!! Two in one day!? :eek: I wish you much luck in controlling the bgs! And good luck with the exams!

Diabetes and college is pretty rough. :/
    I feel like my schedule is much less predictable, and thats why...like, in hs you had some structure, in college, there's not as much in my opinion.
    Thank you!

How is school going for you guys? I know I really haven't been on much, I've been very caught up with school; I transferred to another school at the begining of this semester and now live on campus here so...it's been crazy. But I miss "talking" to you guys!

7. kierbabi09

School is going pretty well for me.
    I don't find the work to be harder necessarily, there is just more of it, if that makes sense. I am thinking of transferring too, I already filled out an application, I just need to have my transcripts sent and a letter of recemendation.
    I miss all you guys too, Im not on all that often either, a) b/c of school and b) b/c i am on facebook so much more often then cwd...I am addicted, but shhh...dont tell.
    If anyone wants to add me, just ask me for my email address.

8. malyssa

malyssa Approved members

I'm glad school is going well for you!! :)
    Hmm....where are you thinking of transferring to? Not feelin your current school?
    And I know, I miss everyone sooooo much! And yes, I have an fbook addiction too! :) lol

9. kierbabi09

No, my school just doesn't have what I am looking for, either academically or socially. The school I am thinking about transferring to has a program called the autism institute, I would really love to work with kids who have autism.
    And...socially? There is nothing to do at my school, the clubs and activities never meet, ect.
    It is super small, only like 500-600 people, it is just quite not what I am looking for, you know?

10. malyssa

malyssa Approved members

I'm sorry this school doesn't have what you're looking for, but the school you applied to sounds amazing. And I think that its awesome that you want to work with autistic children :)
    Hmm, yes, I think it would annoy me too if clubs and activities never met.
    That is a small school! Let us know how everything goes for you!

11. s0ccerfreak

s0ccerfreak Approved members

School is going well here. I like my classes and am doing well in them, just don't ask about my schedule. Right now I'm surviving by remembering that in 10 days it is spring break and I will be in NC. I'm so looking forward to the trip and having a break.

I agree with the comment about it being hader to control bg's in college because of the different schedule almost every day. The only thing is usually the same in my schedule is when I go to bed and when I eat lunch and dinner. Waking up, breakfast, snacks, classes, activities, and homework change every day. Right now I'm sick on top of all of that so welcome to the world of horrible bg's.

Kiersten, the school with the autism program sounds very cool. My school can be quiet at times, but we can usually find something to do. I'm really busy with homework, my job, and volunteering so it doesn't make to much of a difference to me.

I miss chatting with you guys, we should try to get on once a month or something. I'm also addicted to facebook, my roommated and I say it will be the death of us.

12. MissEmi

MissEmi Approved members

Hi! Hope your exam goes well Malyssa :). I think I'm the only one who didn't move away for college :p. I go to community, and will transfer to a University of Houston campus later, but it's still close enough to live at home. Oh, and facebook. Love it :D.

13. malyssa

malyssa Approved members

Good, good! Glad you're liking your classes and doing well! My spring break starts the 13th, and I can't wait! NC, sounds fun!
    Ahhh, I hope you feel better soon! And yes, college+diabetes= one interesting equation, lol.
    My school can go either way, it's on the verge of becoming a university, but as of right now, it's still considered a state college. But i love it, and yes, I always find something to do! I'm working too, four days a week.

Thats a good idea, we def need to talk more or something, or become fbook friends. Yes, have you noticed that facebook turns like an hour of homework into three+? lol

14. malyssa

malyssa Approved members

I took it tuesday, and I feel like it went really well. But we'll see when I get it back next week. I'll let you know, lol. And I went to community college last semester, nothing wrong with that! That's good that it's close, living on campus is expensive.

Facebook is great, lol. We're friends, I believe! (Sorry, I'm tired, memory's shotttt)

15. MissEmi

MissEmi Approved members

That's true, it's wayyy less expensive. Yes, we're friends LOL.

16. Rayuzaki

Rayuzaki Approved members

i tend to get kinda low at lunch at school, i hav 4 classes before lunch, my brain prob has to work the most for those classes, they're percussion, algebra(9th grade algebra), history and science, so the lows prob are caused by major studying wen u use ur brain a lot and also for me cuz of the classes.