- advertisement -

Warning: Dexcom App does not work yet with all Android Phones

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by BrendaK, Jul 23, 2017.

1. BrendaK

BrendaK Neonatal Diabetes Registry

We purchased a new phone last night for my son. He has had an iPhone for several years and wanted an Android phone for a change. We knew that the Dexcom was recently approved for android devices so we went ahead and purchased an LG G6. When he went to download the Dexcom app, it was not available. I called tech support today and was told that it hasn't been approved yet for the new phones, specifically the G6 and the S8. He told me that not all android devices are the same and they have to test each specific model of phone, so the newest phones will not be able to use the app. He thought it might be available for the G6 and S8 in a month or so, but had no concrete information on that.

Being an iPhone user myself, I had no idea that the android apps were specific to models of phones. The rep on the phone says he agreed that Dexcom should have been more clear in the press releases.....

He's gotten the receiver out and decided to use that until the app is released. Wish we would have known!!! Not sure if it would have influenced our decision -- we did want to get him a new phone (birthday present), not an older model.

2. Sprocket

Sprocket Approved members

We're in Canada, so no android app available here whatsoever until maybe this fall. We're an android family. I couldn't wait because my daughter is going on a student exchange several provinces away, so I looked into xdrip+. It has a huge following - it was written by some brilliant type 1's and it reads the transmitter by bluetooth. I can follow with another android and we love it. It's amazing. At this point, the android app, when released, will have a long way to go to be as good as xdrip+. See the facebook page for xdrip.