- advertisement -

Wanted to share some good news....

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by rdhead, Mar 11, 2011.

1. rdhead

rdhead Approved members

With all of the things we have to deal with regarding our children with D it's easy to feel overwhelmed with all the challenges we face everyday. We've had some amazing things happen in our family recently and I wanted to share it with those of you who may be interested.

We held a fundraiser this last month to try and raise the money we needed to get Connor an insulin pump. It was the most heart warming experience of my life.

Here is the thank you video I made that gives a glimpse of what took place

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5QZQDh0FK5I

If you are interested in more detailed information here is the link to his blog

http://connorscommandos.blogspot.com/2011/03/we-did-it.html

Just wanted to share how kind and generous people can be.

2. GaPeach

GaPeach Approved members

Absolutely awesome!!!!!!

I am glad that Conner has seen the love and generosity of his family and community.

Congrats for reaching your goal!

3. rdhead

rdhead Approved members

Thanks. It's been an absolutely amazing experience.

4. 5kids4me

5kids4me Approved members

That is wonderful! So happy for you and your family! Isn't the goodness of humanity amazing?

5. Jordansmom

Jordansmom Approved members

Your video was great. Made me cry. Sniff...

Congratulations on making your goal. Connor must be very excited. What a cute kid.

6. rdhead

rdhead Approved members

Yes the goodness of humanity is amazing. All you ever hear is how bad people are, but when given the chance people can astound you in the most humbling of ways with their kindness and selflessness.

I've done nothing but cry for a month, but for good reasons. It's been wonderful to watch Connor through this process. He's been having a hard time and has been seeing a therapist, but this experience has put that sparkle back in his eye and for that I would have done anything.

7. hrtmom3

hrtmom3 Approved members

My smile got bigger and bigger as I watched your video. So glad Connor will be able to get his pump. Thanks for sharing your experience with us.

8. Becky Stevens mom

Becky Stevens mom Approved members

God bless everyone that helped you and God bless your family Amy:cwds: What a wonderful experience for you all.

9. MommaRetta

MommaRetta Approved members

I agree.... Very very happy for you and Connor! Exciting times are ahead for you and your family. :)

10. mocha

mocha Approved members

That's so amazing! Thank you for sharing! :)

11. rdhead

rdhead Approved members

I'm glad you all enjoyed it. It's hard sometimes to know what to share with the world and what not to share, but this has been something so amazingly wonderful that it's hard to contain.

I just talked to the medtronic rep today and we are hoping to be pumping in the next 3 weeks or so.:D

12. mocha

mocha Approved members

Does he know what color he wants? :)

13. rdhead

rdhead Approved members

yep he wants the blue one with the blue mio infusion set.