- advertisement -

wanted to say hiya :0)

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by bong80, Dec 8, 2010.

1. bong80

bong80 New Member

hey,finaly worked out how to post (with some help from some other lovely cwd parents on facebook!!) I'm not new to cwd My boy Tom has had what we refer to as ''D'' for just over 2 years (although it feels like forever!) but i am new to the forum...think it's just wonderfull to have a place to gain advice & support! :cwds:
    Tom is on the animas 2020 pump and has been since 2 months after being diagnosed...we were very lucky. Can't imagin life without it....we're hoping for a cgm soon as well to help with control.
    Having a night time blood glucose nightmare at the moment...but hopefully we're on our way out of that tunnel after adjudsing background insulin.
    Still seems unreal somedays.....some mornings i wake up and almost forget for a few seconds that i need to do i bg before breakfast,check pump (& change canula every other day),check pump insulin,chesck finger prick needle,check there's enough test strips....the list goes on...and all this is before i have manged to get to the bathroom!! ( we have to be quick here....we have a 12 year old girl...who gets lost in there for a lifetime each morning!!)
    Anyway...i'm liz...married to Matt...we have Jade 12 (13 in 12 weeks...she keeps telling me...i wish she wouldnt!) and Thomas who is 9 1/2...was diagnosed the week before starting year 3 in primary school.we were very lucky,spotted the sings and only spent two days in hospital. My boy amazes me daily at how he handles D & everything that goes with it. I must add that my girl also manages to amaze me daily...sometimes by her school work,doing the dishes without being asked,knowing how to carb something without every actually being told how to & how to work the pump....but sometimes because she can take 40 min to put 3 slides into her hair... ;) all in all we're just a normal (is there such a thing?!!?) family that happens to carry D on our shoulders. xxx

2. angiej

angiej Approved members

Welcome to CWD!

I commented on the facebook thread that I had seen your message here, and thought I'd say 'hi' so you could 'meet' my screen name here.

You will find it extremily helpful to put some of the above information into your sig line so that when you get involved in the forums, people can see quickly and easily your D child's age and regime etc ...

as I said, welcome :D

3. Alba37

Alba37 Approved members

Hiya, I am here too! Welcome to CWD Liz :cwds:

Aileen x