- advertisement -

Walking for Cure with JDRF this weekend. Looking for walkers and sponsors.

Discussion in 'Fundraising Activities' started by TLCTEAM, Oct 13, 2008.

1. TLCTEAM

TLCTEAM New Member

Our son,his family and friends will be walking for cure diabetes this weekend. Anyone in northern NJ we ask for you to join our team. Walk to Cure Diabetes is benefiting the Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation. Join us and our team 'HOPE FOR THE KIDS' Sunday Oct 19, 2008 at 9:00 AM. It will take place at Medco Corporate Headquarters Campus @ 100 Parsons Pond Drive, Franklin Lakes, NJ 07417 . That day will be full with family entertainment, refreshments and more. You must register to take part of this event. To learn more about this walk or join the team pleases visit this web site at http://walk.jdrf.org/walker.cfm?id=87081811

You may also support and sponsor this team online at the above link or mail Your tax-deductible contribution in any amount and mail the donation to “Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation” C/O “TEAM NAME HOPE FOR THE KIDS” 560 SYLVAN AVE, ENGLEWOOD CLIFFS, NJ 07632.
    You may also go to WWW.JDRF.ORG for other walk sites or different dates available. You can also go to this web site to create your own team. For more information call JDRF at 201 568-4838

2. easytr5

easytr5 Approved members

JDRF Walk 2008

Here is a copy of the letter I emailed JDRF tonight. Any thoughts? Please write and encourage them to fund Denise Faustman!

Melissa

Dear Sir,

I would like to know why JDRF does not support Denise Faustman's research. She
    is in Phase 1 Human Clinical Trials testing one of two drugs that cured NOD
    mice. At the Columbia Walk today I spoke to a volunteer at one of the booths
    and she said JDRF does not support any research that could actually lead to a
    cure. My oldest daughter was diagnosed in July 08 and her little sister was
    pounding the pavement to get donations for this walk and just knowing her sister
    would not have to suffer anymore, a cure was on the way. I was very discouraged
    to hear this volunteer's opinion and I would like concrete reasons why research
    to find a CURE is not being funded. These little children do not want another
    gadget to manage this disease! I will be feverishly spreading the word to all
    parents and friends through the internet to investigate how donated funds are
    being spent! It is common sense at this point that there is no reason to replace
    or regenerate beta cells if T cells are not controlled or destroyed. I do not
    believe spending millions and billions of dollars, and spitting on the hopes of
    little children by funding many different approaches to managing diabetes is
    wise. Being a jack of all trades and a master of none IS NOT THE ANSWER! A
    CURE. THAT is the goal. We don't need alternative testing and insulin delivery
    systems. We need to know our little girls and boys will be alive in the morning
    WITHOUT insulin. We know all too well that insulin is the only thing keeping
    them alive.

Please consider funding researchers actively pursuing a cure, such as Denise
    Faustman.

Melissa Lovelady

Last edited: Oct 27, 2008
  3. THE LARA'S

THE LARA'S Approved members

Any more information on this........