- advertisement -

Walgreens Walk to Cure Diabetes

Discussion in 'Fundraising Activities' started by Dan, Mar 10, 2011.

1. Dan

Dan Approved members

Members,

My son Joshua was diagnosed with Type 1 diabetes when he was 15 months old. You can imagine what a terrible feeling my wife and I had that day in the emergency room. Although we will never give up the fight to find a cure, after 5 years we have learned how to make this part of our everyday life.

I was excited when I found out that Walgreens had partnered with the Diabetes Research Institute and had a goal to raise over $1 Million Dollars in the Florida market. Since I work for Walgreens I volunteered to build out the event in Ft. Lauderdale.

Please click on this link and make your donation==>http://diabetesdiplomats.kintera.org/4324

Please feel free to send this link to all your friends and family.

All donations go directly to the Diabetes Research Institute Foundation.

Last edited: Mar 12, 2011
  2. Ellen

Ellen Senior Member

Dan I'm so appreciative of Walgreens' partnership with the DRI. Will you be at Tradewinds Park? I'd love to say hello in person. BTW, have you toured the DRI?

3. Alex's Dad

Alex's Dad Approved members

Hey Dan I'm in Miami, pretty close the Ft. Lauderdale, I would love to make it to the walk, although I will be on the Tropical Park. Have to work that day, but will try my best to make it. Thanks for the link.

4. iluvmhp

iluvmhp Approved members

We are excited to be participating in a walk in Daytona Beach!!