- advertisement -

Waking early hours- fully awake at 2am in morning TODDLER

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by Little Diabetic Dude, Jan 6, 2010.

1. Little Diabetic Dude

Little Diabetic Dude Approved members

I am wondering if this is normal. Often my Ds will wake up around 2am and play till about 5am it's like he thinks it is wake up time. He is not too high but I correct him anyway (he is on a pump). He will not go back to sleep no matter what I do he asked for a banana this morning so I get him some water. He is yelling and reading his storybooks to his teddies.Everyone else is asleep I get so tired he does this about once a week. He is 2 yrs old.I am getting pretty tired as he has another 3 siblings under 5.

2. shekov

shekov Approved members

My non D dd went through a phase where she was awake in the middle of the night for a while. I just chalked it up to some wierd growth/developmental/toddler thing. ;)

She would stay in her room and play. We'd find her in the morning asleep on her floor surrounded by toys or all of the lights would be turned on and she'd be back in bed.

I wouldn't worry about it. Just make sure your doors are locked.;)

3. mom2ejca

mom2ejca Approved members

Apparently it is "normal", we're on 4 nights in a row:rolleyes: in my almost 2 yr old (non-d). She likes to vary the waking times too, just to keep me guessing. One night 12 am, then 5 am, 3 am, then back to 12 am, but always awake for 2-3 hours. I may have to pin bells on her pjs or put motion detecter sirens on her bedroom floor;), last night she poured 1/2 gallon of iced tea on the kitchen floor before I woke up:eek:

4. canadianmomto6

canadianmomto6 Approved members

My 2 yr old non-D is doing the same thing lately. Luckily, he's usually OK to watch a movie while I doze a little on the couch. Between his night-waking, getting up to check Liam's bg and having to get up for work in the morning I'm a big mess most days. ;)