- advertisement -

Vibe and old 2020

Discussion in 'Insulin Pumps' started by LizinTX, Jun 23, 2015.

1. LizinTX

LizinTX Approved members

With the end of service life letter that I received. We are being forced to upgrade to a Vibe, does anyone know if the insulin cartridges from our 2020 will work with a Vibe? We've got quite a stockpile and I'm going to be upset if all of it is wasted.

Plus can anyone tell me if the Vibe will also have an end of service life?

I really hate being forced to upgrade when we are perfectly happy with our 2020.

2. funnygrl

funnygrl Approved members

I believe all Animas reservoirs are standard since the 1200 forward. What do you mean by "end of service life?" To the best of my knowledge, Animas does not have any sort of self kill timer in their pumps. Do you just mean your warranty is ending? If that's the case, the Vibe will also have a warranty, but you can save the 2020 as a backup if it still works.

3. LizinTX

LizinTX Approved members

No, I got a letter that states that Dec. 31, 2015, that the 2020, IR 1250 and 1200 will no longer deliver insulin and will generate a "call service" alarm. This end of service life date was not originally included in the product labeling.

4. funnygrl

Bizarre! This is the first I've heard of that. That stinks.

5. funnygrl

Did some Googling. Looks like it's basically a Y2K type bug. The pump software could only recognize 15 years and they programmed those years as 2000-2015. And changing the year won't trick it. Shame. This reminds me of the Accu-Chek pump self destruct timers.

6. LizinTX

LizinTX Approved members

It does, it really does. But it will help if we can use the supplies from the 2020.

7. kiwikid

kiwikid Approved members

yes same cartridges :)

8. sugarmonkey

sugarmonkey Approved members

You can definitely use the same cartridges. We went from the 2020 to the Vibe a couple of years ago.