- advertisement -

....Vent about life.....

Discussion in 'Teens' started by k.hawkins92, May 21, 2009.

1. k.hawkins92

k.hawkins92 Approved members

Ok, I'll start by saying I'm sorry for not being around much lately. I've been super busy. I should be on more regularly now that shcool is almost out. However, I'm now going to vent...about a lot of things. Here we go:

You may not remember this, but I had my National Science Olympiad Competition on May 16. Last weeked. It was in Augusta, Georgia, and I'm from Indiana, so I had a nice little trip into the hot and humid weather of the south. My team was expecting to do well, considering we placed 10th last year (which is really good). So we get there, and everything starts to go wrong. I won't explain it all, because if you aren't involved in the program, you probably wouldn't understand, but it was terrible. We had the worst luck ever. :( So we ended up placing 21st out of 60 teams, which is still respectable, but not as well as we wanted to do. Ugh. Ok. Vent #1. Done.

Vent # 2. FINALS. I hate finals. We only have four more days of school left, and they are filled with finals. Of course, I missed a lot of the final lessons over the material because I was gone for nationals. Lovely.

Vent #3. My mom's office has had to cut back on workers, so my mom has been laid off. Great. She was just off work for 5 weeks because she had surgery, and on her second day back, they turned her away.

Vent #4. I'm sick. I've developed this new cold thing that's kicking my butt. My head feels like its going to explode, and it's also killing my bg's. They are through the roof. This leads me to my final vent.

Vent # 5. My last A1c was a 7.7. It went up from a 7.0 :mad: I thought I kept pretty good control this time too, but noooooo. Obviously not good enough. I should be gettng my Ping soon though, so hopefully that will make things better...?

Ok, I'm better now. Thanks for reading. :)

P.S. I debated putting this in OT, but decided against it beause two of my vents were D related, so that's why I put it in this thread even though not all of it is about D.

2. LadyBug

LadyBug Approved members

awww! all that stinks! the last week has been pretty hard for me too(high 4 nights, low 2? nights, i've been feeling like a train ran over me 75% of the time. and that was just the D side of things......mini rant over:eek::eek:), so i can definitely understand:(.
    biiiiiig ((((((((((HUG))))))))))

3. MissEmi

MissEmi Approved members

Awwwww! ((((((((hugs!))))))) I hope your cold clears up fast and your numbers go back. That right there will make life tons better! I'm sorry about your mom and nationals and finals :(.

4. k.hawkins92

k.hawkins92 Approved members

Thanks guys. I think this is a hard time of year for a lot of people. :( Lots of stuff happening all at the same time.....

5. emm142

emm142 Approved members

I'm really sorry about everything. *hugs* I hope things start getting better from here.

6. meg:]

meg:] Approved members

Im sorry! Thats a lot for you to handle:( Just get through it and then you have summer

PS: If you think Georgia is humid.... NEVER come to south florida... haha

7. MissEmi

MissEmi Approved members

Or South TX

8. s0ccerfreak

s0ccerfreak Approved members

Crazy time of year is right. Vent away. I have one major project to finish at school, then graduation-9 days of school left. My soccer season is almost over which is making me extremely sad. I know I'm going to cry after our last game. I'm sick... still. I just got back from the doctor (my other home :rolleyes:) with a different antibiotic to try to kick this sinus infection for good! This is the third time since March. Mom told the doctor she wants a "healthy child" for graduation. Then the neurologist doesn't want to change my headache meds because I have a sinus infection grrr why must things be so complicated. Oh and then there is D

Enjoy the long weekend :cwds:

9. meg:]

meg:] Approved members

true... true...