- advertisement -

Utah resources

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by Momof4gr8kids, Sep 25, 2010.

1. Momof4gr8kids

Momof4gr8kids Approved members

Where to start? Its been so long since I have posted on a forum its feeling almost like the first time did :cwds: Its been almost a year.

I need some help. I'm wondering if anyone in the Utah area knows of anywhere that can/will do emergency prescription assistance? I moved from Idaho to Utah recently with the kiddos and just need something that can help with Julia's stuff while I wait for insurance to become active (about 30 days). If anyone can point me in the right direction that would be great. Thanks, Jamie

2. Jordansmom

Jordansmom Approved members

The Utah Diabetes Center has a "Community Chest" that is for people who need help. I don't know what they do if you aren't yet a patient there, but you could call and ask. I have connections there. I could ask if they have any ideas when they open on Monday.

I have a lot of extra insulin from volunteering at D camp all summer. I may have something you need. What does your DD use" Insulin, strips, etc?

3. Momof4gr8kids

Momof4gr8kids Approved members

Thank you for the information. Julia uses one touch strips, and novolog. She is pumping with a animas 2020.

4. Jordansmom

Jordansmom Approved members

I'd be happy to help. I'll send you a PM.