- advertisement -

Usernames??

Discussion in 'Parents Off Topic' started by nanhsot, Jan 17, 2011.

1. zapsmom

zapsmom Approved members

Mine is the initials of my daughter full name...Zoee Adriannah then our last name which starts with a P so her initails spell ZAP and I am her mom. :D

2. Joretta

Joretta Approved members

Mine is my middle name it is a last resort when my first name is is gone and nothing else I can think of works.

3. Teacups

Teacups Approved members

My grandmother gave me her collection of teacups. So it started a love for all things "teacuppy" and makes a unique user name too. :)

4. Becky Stevens mom

Becky Stevens mom Approved members

My friend on here Snowbound told me that he thought my childs name was Becky Stevens at first :) I forgot the comma. I am actually Becky, Steven's Mom. Couldnt think up a witty username when I first registered:cool:

5. mandapanda1980

mandapanda1980 Approved members

Love this thread :)

Mandapanda was a nickname my dad had for me when I was a child. Still is.
    1980 is my husbands birth year. We use these numbers a lot.

I figured mandapanda was better than the nickname my best friends dad gave me growing up and still uses. Chickenlegs :p

6. sisterbeth43

sisterbeth43 Approved members

Mine is sisterbeth43, I used to be in the convent and my name there was Sister Bethmarie. I decided to use the sisterbeth and 43 is the year of my birth.

7. mom24grlz

mom24grlz Approved members

mine's pretty simple mom24grlz

i'm a mom to 4 girls.

8. Liongirl4

Liongirl4 Approved members

I am the youngest of 4 girls, and our last name was Lyon. My sister and I both tried to use Lyon as a password, she got it first so I was changed to Lion. So now I am liongirl4!

9. CheriMomTo8

CheriMomTo8 Approved members

Mine is another no brainer. I'm Cheri, mom to 8.

10. lil'Man'sMom

lil'Man'sMom Approved members

Mom to Manning (Man), my youngest (little) son.

11. Noel

Noel Approved members

Noel is my middle name (born on Christmas)....

Funny thing is when I was little I wouldn't tell anyone what my middle name is...now I use it a lot!

12. GAjen

GAjen Approved members

My name is Jenny and I live in Georgia. By the way Nan, I am an occupational therapist too.

13. nanhsot

nanhsot Approved members

Cool! Are you still working in the field or doing the mommy thing for now? I homeschool my kids, so don't work full time, but my area of specialty is spinal cord injury and I work weekends at a freestanding rehab facility. I do home health too, though less now that I have regular weekend work.

14. Jen_in_NH

Jen_in_NH Approved members

Hi, I'm Jen, and I'm in NH. My creativity knows no bounds, huh? :D

15. nanhsot

nanhsot Approved members

And p.s., just ready your signature and our kids were diagnosed the exact same day! Small world sometimes.

16. LizinTX

LizinTX Approved members

I'm Liz and live in Texas. I wish I was more creative.

17. Snowbound

Snowbound Approved members

Your username is like a tattoo, if you're too creative you may live to regret it.

18. Snowbound

Snowbound Approved members

That was before you had a photo of your son :)

19. toohughey

toohughey Approved members

toohughey because there are four of us and I am number 2. I would have used the number 2, but 2hughey was taken when I made my first email account 15 years ago!!

By the way, my CB handle is Burnt Toast--ya, I am that old!!

TRACY

20. Illinifan

Illinifan Approved members

I thought I responded to this thread already, but I am Illinifan because I am an almunus of the University of Illinois - Urbana-Champaign. Go Illini! I-L-L! I-N-I!

Everybody probably either knew that or could guess it.

However, I'm sure not everyone recognizes my icon or knows the story behind it.

My icon is the stylized emblem of Chief Illiniwek who was, until 2007, the SYMBOL of the University of Illinois. U of I was the very first university to adopt a symbol that was used to represent a university on official documents, correspondence and advertising. By the time Chief Illiniwek was selected by the University Board, the athletic teams were already known as the Fighting Illini, which was a reference to the Illinois students and alumni who fought in WWI. By this time, the Native American tribe known as the Illini were no more. The Illini had originally been assimilated into the Peoria tribe and then the bloodline was lost during the merger of other Native American tribes.

Picking up the story from Wikipedia....

The origin of Chief Illiniwek dates to 1926, when Ray Dvorak, assistant director of bands at the University of Illinois, conceived the idea of having a Native American war dance performed during halftime of Illinois football games. The first performance occurred on October 30, 1926 at Memorial Stadium during the halftime of a game against the University of Pennsylvania. At the conclusion of his performance, Illinwek was met at midfield by a drum major dressed as the University of Pennsylvania's Quaker mascot, offered a peace pipe, and walked off the field arm in arm. Student Lester Leutwiler, an Eagle Scout, created the original costume and performed the dance based upon his studies as a Boy Scout. The expression Illiniwek (meaning "the complete human being - the strong, agile human body, and the indomitable human spirit") was first used in conjunction with the University of Illinois football team by football coach Bob Zuppke, referring to the Illinois Confederation of Native Americans who historically had inhabited much of present-day Illinois.

The logo I use was created by graphic designer Jack Davis for $210 in 1980. In 2007, the University finally bowed to two decades of pressure and retired both the "real life" and logo versions of Chief Illiniwek. This move angered many students and alumni and the University saw a marked decrease in alumni donations.

Currently, Jack Davis is pursuing multiple legal options to regain the copyright to the logo he created and many people are pushing for the reinstatement of the Chief.

George Will wrote the best article on the Chief controversary. If you've read this far and are interested, here's the link: Chief Among the Silliness

I use the symbol because I believe it represents the best attributes and characteristics of those who were part of our history.