- advertisement -

USB Meter!

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by malyssa, Dec 1, 2009.

1. malyssa

malyssa Approved members

I just found this in an email sent to me by bayer, and I was impressed. I'm not sure if it's been posted here before or if anyone's seen it...I don't get a chance to come here so often anymore since I started college in September, but in case anyone hasn't seen it/heard of it yet, I thought this was pretty darn cool. It's small, and has no extra cords; just plugs right into the computer. :cwds:

http://www.bayercontourusb.us/home

2. clb1968

clb1968 Approved members

I am interested in checking it out, but it is only available through online ordering at Walgreens for 74.99. I am calling Bayer tomorrow and see if they will send one out.

3. badshoe

badshoe Approved members

4. clb1968

clb1968 Approved members

I called today,the only way to get one is to pay 74.99 and order online thru CVS, Walgreen's or Walmart, no freebies at this time, so needles to say, I am not paying for one.

5. KatieJane'smom

KatieJane'smom Approved members

6. liasmommy2000

liasmommy2000 Approved members

Ok, I *really* want this for Lia. I am horrible with technology and this appears so easy to use. And it uses the same strips we use now with the regular Contour (at least it appears that way).

However I'm not used to paying for meters, so I don't know how soon we'll get it. But I suck at logging and this would help us so much I think I'll have to pay it if it helps us log and get her A1C down (too embarrased to say what it was at our endo appt yesterday, but it was bad).