- advertisement -

Upset

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by kledi, Jan 13, 2017.

1. kledi

kledi Approved members

my son 4 years old goes to kindergarden , and there all his educators are trained for his care. I had appointment today there and one of his educators while discusing for his care told me that one day we were picnic and all the childrens had a small snac and i had to inject insulin to ur son but it was very cold to take his clothes off and i injected in his lower hand ( not in his uper hand ) i was shoked and i told him that what u did was a mistake and u should know that and he replyed me At least he didn died from that . Im so upset. Here in finland in kindergarden are responsible for his diabetes care while the child is there ( protected by law ) what should u say to him if u were on my place ?

2. susanlindstrom16

susanlindstrom16 Approved members

That's terrible! Is this the person who does the majority of care for your son? I would definitely want to speak to a supervisor if he was brushing off your concerns like that.

3. Butterfly Betty

Butterfly Betty Approved members

His snarky reply aside, which would piss me off, too, it's not like he had to strip your son down to his undies in sub-freezing temps. A little planning would have prepared them for this.