- advertisement -

Update on smaller pods

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by virgo39, Mar 1, 2013.

1. sooz

sooz Approved members

Wow, great to know! Thanks.

2. mom2Hanna

mom2Hanna Approved members

Found the manual, BTW, it was in the box. Now have to read it!

3. DavidN

DavidN Approved members

Just spoke to Insulet. Our three month order is to happen in three weeks and they said I'd be getting the old pods. "New ones should be shipping to everyone within four months". :(

4. Laura Ben

Laura Ben Approved members

Pods

Yes, we are going to be new users and supposedly our new mini pods w/the new PDM arrive tomorrow.

5. denise3099

denise3099 Approved members

I got the pdm and starter pack last summer, but I started ordering the pods through Medco my mail order place (express scripts now) so I could pay a flat 10 bucks rather than 10% for DME through my regular ins. We've since gone back to the revel. Given that I'm not on a delivery schedule with omnipod, I'm not sure what they plan on doing. I imagine I need a new pdm--yes it's black.
    http://www.myomnipod.com/NewOmniPod/
    I'm wondering if Omnipod will just send a new pdm at some point without the new minipods and also if Medco will start carrying the minipods and when. You absolutley cannot talk to Medco b/c it's like talking to a brick wall that doesn't speak english. :confused:

We didn't have too much luck with the pod--dd loved it but her bs was always high and we had some bad sites blah blah. I'd love to try again though.

6. Jen_in_NH

Jen_in_NH Approved members

Us too. I asked if I just ordered a month's worth if my next order woukd be smaller pods, and they said no.

7. William

William Approved members

It seems the cut the cord program is not ending as some of us have been told by reps as the site now says the offer is good until March 31. I assume it is still for 199. They shouldn't really be telling people that it will end because of the new pods in an effort to get those people to commit.

Anyway, they sent us a sample pod and it is smaller than I had expected it to be. It is small enough now that we are going to give the pods a try even with the reservations we have about the inferior basal options and other issues pod users seem to encounter. It would be great to give our 3 year old a break from his spybelt/pump.

8. swellman

swellman Approved members

I was told by Edgepark that they were notified by Insulet the following:

IF you are still in warranty, Insulet will send out a new PDM starting around April. Once you receive the new PDM you can start receiving the new pods. I was under the impression the PDM would just show up at your door. It wasn't completely clear what would happen to out of warranty PDM but I am assuming they will not automatically send a new one out until one can be billed to insurance.

9. Dan

Dan Approved members

I was told the same thing yesterday

10. Daniel's Mom 1993

Daniel's Mom 1993 Approved members

Daniel has been back on MDI for quite some time now but wants to try to new pods so I have a call into Edgepark...we are out of warranty...I will let you know what they say.

11. timsma

timsma Approved members

We had Tim's endo appt. today. The CDE came in to talk with us about the new pods as she met with the Omnipod reps last week. They told her that before they will ship the new pods to current users, the user has to take a test and pass it or they won't send the new one out until you do pass. I didn't ask what type of test. Wish I had. Has anyone else been told this? I am assuming that the test has to do with how it figures out insulin on board differently than the older pdm as this is what she was talking about the most. Apparently they send the test via email. We were also told that they would begin shipping them out the end of March at the earliest, to those that already have an in warranty system, but that new users are now getting the smaller pods/pdm.

Last edited: Mar 6, 2013
  12. virgo39

virgo39 Approved members

I was told by an Insulet executive yesterday that in early April, current customers would receive a mailing regarding the upgrade that provides information on the upgrade and materials to review before the new PDM was sent out. He did not specifically mention a test, but that was not the focus of our conversation.