This time I'm not so excited. I need to get it out. I'm on the verge of tears. It doesn't sound very serious but right now it is. The surgery is 2 weeks away and I come home only to find out Damian has the flu. Not the end of the world, right? Except he has asthma and his immune system isn't quite up to par with what it used to be, add in the D, and he's refusing to even give Tamiflu a try. I've convinced him to at least keep staying here for now but he decided to park himself in the middle of the living room floor, pile on the blankets, lay there and do nothing. Right on the hard floor too and he won't move. I'm just waiting for him to get stepped on. I know he's old enough to take care of himself but he's exhausted and I'm doing my best to play nurse checking BG, ketones, oxygen levels, pulse, temp, and peak flow. That's the easy part. The hard part is getting him to eat anything. He'll drink some water and a little bit of gatorade here and there but he needs to put on a few pounds or at the very least not lose any more. If anyone has weight GAIN tips I'll gladly take them. The only plus is that even with all this going on he's only had 2 seizures today. I'm not mad at him, it's just such a frustration and I'm worried he's going to have to cancel the surgery if it doesn't clear up soon. He needs it, the meds on their own just don't cut it. I'm praying he'll get better quickly. Right now he feels awful. We'll just have to wait and see.