- advertisement -

Update on Courtney

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by Mojo's mommy, Jan 13, 2008.

1. Mojo's mommy

Mojo's mommy Approved members

Good Sunday morning to all...

I thought I should put in an update even though not much has changed since Christmas.

1st week back to school was extermely busy. I picked Court up everyday and brought her home for lunch in hopes that she would see that she was missing the outdoor time with her friends and at least the pressure to eat would be off.

I have not heard one peep about tummy hurts, she has eaten everyday but still will not eat even recess at school. This week I am going to make her a deal. If I pick her up for lunch then she has to eat recess at school, if hungry of course. Hopefully that will be a step towards solving the problem, which clearly is a school issue.

I have heard from the counsellor at Children's, she said she was going to call Friday to talk to Courtney to get a feel of what and how she feels about D , but did not. A little disappointed about that as I was waiting on her to advise me on a child Physc.For the most part I have backed off on talking about D 100% at least around Courtney , have lowered her basal during school hours to avoid possible lows that cause an issue.

So, in a nut shell there you have the update

2. Treysmom

Treysmom Approved members

Good to hear her tummy has'nt been hurting. I hope you guys get all of this figured out soon. I know it has to be hard, at least you have her eating lunch. ((((HUGS))))

3. Boo

Boo Approved members

Okay Teri, whaddya mean, "eat recess"? Is she supposed to have a snack then or something?

I'm glad she's not having tummy problems now, but I hope you can figure out what is going on soon and get to the bottom of this. Is she in kindergarten or first grade?

4. EmmasMom

EmmasMom Approved members

I'm glad she's doing better.:cwds: I'm sure it's not easy to bring her home for lunch everyday, but it seems worthwhile if she'll eat a good lunch at home.

Hopefully she'll get through this phase quickly! Hang in there!