- advertisement -

UPDATE: Insulet slides on disputed report of increased adverse events, customer complaints

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by danismom79, Sep 27, 2013.

1. danismom79

danismom79 Approved members

http://www.massdevice.com/news/upda...-increased-adverse-events-customer-complaints

2. CC'sMom

CC'sMom Approved members

Wow...just got home yesterday from the hospital. My daughter was in DKA due to a pod that failed to deploy the canula or alarm. DKA came very, very quickly.

Anyhow called Insulet. They asked for the pod back. I'm hanging on to it for awhile. I need to wait a few days, catch up on some sleep so I can process this all. I do have the FDA form to file a report. I will be doing that soon.

3. Mish

Mish Approved members

That's scary. I think if you're even considering legal action, that I would consult a lawyer before sending it back. that's really a serious event. If you do send it, I would photograph the crap out of it.

4. danismom79

danismom79 Approved members

Wow. Was it an old or new pod? Did it look like the cannula had been inserted, or did it not come out at all?