- advertisement -

United Healthcare and Animas

Discussion in 'Insurance Issues' started by swmomoftype1, Apr 4, 2016.

1. swmomoftype1

swmomoftype1 New Member

Hi everyone,
    Received word from our insurance that they will no longer be partnering with Animas.
    My type 1 just rec'd a new Animas Vibe within the past year, so we are obligated to use Animas pump supplies.
    Do any of you use another DME company that contracts with Animas to receive pump supplies for your kids?

I appreciate any support in this area. Thank you for your help!!!

2. Nancy in VA

Nancy in VA Approved members

I get the "Animas" infusion sets for use with my Tandem pump from Edgepark. I imagine you can also get Animas pump cartridges from them - I always just got them from Animas when we had the Ping because it was easy.

We have UHC too, so Edgepark should be an approved vendor for you.

3. sarahspins

sarahspins Approved members

Byram is another option... it may be too soon to say for sure, but I've had zero issues with them.

I just switched to t:slim and my contracted rates through them for pump supplies have so far been less than I was paying through Animas.

4. Nancy in VA

Nancy in VA Approved members

I used to use Byram, and Diabetes Supply Center. Once Byram bought DSC, in my opinion, their quality went down. They kept stalling on my orders and it took more than 35 days to get a pump supply order one time. That's why I switched to Edgepark.