- advertisement -

Uniform Jumpers and Pump Tubing

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by wearingtaci, Jul 27, 2014.

1. wearingtaci

wearingtaci Approved members

Sophie has a school uniform requirement. She really wants to add a jumper to the mix,but I can't figure out how to work a jumper with pump tubing and the school nurse requires that she show her pump before dosing. My best idea is to have a small button hole type in a seam. Any better ideas?

2. Sarah Maddie's Mom

Sarah Maddie's Mom Approved members

3. Mimikins

Mimikins Approved members

Can she clip her pump to a bra? I typically do that when I am wearing dresses, and it is not that difficult to fish out when I need to bolus.

4. wearingtaci

wearingtaci Approved members

We could try that,she doesn't need a bra yet.it might work

5. roo'smom

roo'smom Approved members

If it has pockets you can open the seam of the pocket and add some velcro to it (so you can put the pump in it from the inside, but still pull it out and see it). Used to do this to all of my daughter's dresses.

6. mmgirls

mmgirls Approved members

you can have the dry cleaners/ seamstress add a pocket at the side seem of almost anything. I have great MIL and she has added numerous pockets to dresses and skirts.

There are plenty of "bra tops" out there that are not bras, I have found ones that perfectly fit my 38lbs 6 year old. I think the bra tops are the best especially if you have a girl with longer hair, you barely notice the pump. No my 6 nor my almost 10yr old do not need a bra, not even close. But they will not have an issue with a starter bra when the time comes either, and they have an extra level of modesty as it is right now over others their age.

I am also love the "playground shorts/ booty shorts", my girls dance and we always have them around, and they actually hate a skirt without shorts under.

7. quiltinmom

quiltinmom Approved members

Do they come with pockets? I have put small button holes in my sons pants pocket so he can thread the tubing through the hole. His pump is still accessible but the tubing doesn't show. It could work just as well with a dress. If there are no pockets I bet you could add one.