- advertisement -

Ummm just how long is Insulet hold time????

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by Lizzy731, Aug 1, 2013.

1. Lizzy731

Lizzy731 Approved members

Been holding for 15 min because my voice mail messages have not been returned. Just need to report a pod failure but this has now become a vendetta. I am very angry my voice mail messages have not been returned. I am putting together a letter in my head to the CEO as I remain on hold.

2. misscaitp

misscaitp Approved members

Anywhere from 10-20 min. For Pod failures lately I've just been calling at 8pm-9pm. I get through automatically when that happens.

Their long wait times maybe due to pod failures or customers calling to see when they will be upgraded to the new system. Before they started the transition of current customers in June the phone lines were never like this.

3. MomofSweetOne

MomofSweetOne Approved members

It was REALLY long the other day when I called. But, I was on hold with Medtronic for 1/2 hour with our last pump failure, so maybe it's common to all companies? I get off the phone, look at my daughter, and say that I've way overused my allotted minutes for diabetes for the day. (We were told at diagnosis we would get so that we would only spend 10-20 minutes per day on diabetes.:eek: If that's the case, I think we fail the goal. Big Time.)

4. Lizzy731

Haha thanks for the colorful and useful posts. I will call tonight after 8pm. It's 24 hour, right? Just hung up after 25 min and called my DE to see if she has a local rep to contact. Also emailed the woman who originally trained us...I knew keeping her contact info would come in handy ;)

5. danismom79

danismom79 Approved members

I was on hold this morning for 45 minutes just to place an order. Nothing fancy.

6. Jen_in_NH

Jen_in_NH Approved members

It's been really bad lately. They used to be great -helpful, quick, and easy to deal with. Not so much anymore.

7. KatieSue

KatieSue Approved members

I just had the kiddo call in two pods and she said it took her 40 minutes.

That makes 5 out of the first 20 of the new pods.

8. StacyMM

StacyMM Approved members

We usually hold about 5 minutes, and that's in the middle of the night. During the day, it is much, much longer. I try not to call during regular business hours but the tech support people are only available during those hours so I sometimes have to call then. And when they say they will call back within 48 hours, I've realized they mean it - it's typically 1 1/2 to 2 days later.

9. Lizzy731

I spoke to the DE who trained us and she said the messages you leave are returned on a priority case basis. So if its a pod failure that call is low priority. She also gave excuses for some other issues why the hold time is so long and explained that they have hired many new reps to help with all the callers.

10. StacyMM

StacyMM Approved members

This is just getting worse. We received a pod shipment today, except that it's only for one kid and it's only one box. They get 5 boxes at a time and we have the same reorder date on both so we receive 10 boxes at a time. We only have enough on-hand for two weeks at this point.

I've called twice and both calls mysteriously fail at the 15 minute mark. :mad: I am on hold again and if it happens again, I will be even unhappier with Insulet than I was before...which was already at the 'filled with hate' level. Their new approach appears to be disconnecting callers that repeatedly ignore the 'press button' to leave a voicemail option.

And I'm not even calling about new pod transition - it's a mistake on an order, so it's not like I'm trying to get through on what is probably the busiest line.

So frustrated.

11. KatieSue

KatieSue Approved members

From their earnings call yesterday they are totally out of the old pods and super short on the new ones. I've read other places of a lot of people just getting one box and being told that the rest will follow in a couple of weeks.

12. danismom79

This is how ours came last week.

13. danismom79

My first call was dropped after about 10 minutes, then I was on hold for another 45 minutes, just to place an order.

14. Lizzy731

See my other thread...maybe it will help?

15. moco89

moco89 Approved members

This is a PR disaster for Insulet, no doubt about that, with the new pod issues and all.

16. Lizzy731

They've never called me back about the now 2 failures I have left messages about. I realize its not an emergency however the fact that they aren't looking into the failures also concerns me greatly. We have had many since starting the new pods. It's always during a bolus and always an occlusion with .05 not administered. It's a pattern so hopefully this is easily fixed.

17. StacyMM

StacyMM Approved members

Well, I have called them 7 times today. Four calls disconnected just after they passed the 15 minute mark. Three calls led to a recording that basically said the number I was calling wasn't a real number. I have them in my contact list and dialed all seven times by going through my contact list and clicking on the exact same thing, so the recording really irritated me. I've spent over an hour on hold today.

I realized that the packing slip has a fax number on it. I plan to fax them tomorrow. Possibly several times. ;)

I'm sure their customer service will ignore it but I'm so fed up. I haven't let myself listen to the quarterly recording that was posted on here yet...I'm afraid it will push me over the edge if the tone is anything like the poster described.

In between calls to Insulet today, I also followed up on my T:Slim transition for DD. I am very motivated to make this happen as soon as possible. ;) I wish DS would switch, but at least I'll only have to call Insulet half as often with only one kid using them!

18. Lizzy731

Does your doctor have a local rep they deal with? At this point I would go to your endo or DE. My DE has been very helpful getting me though to a live human in the past with other issues. Also, who trained you? An Insulet rep trained me and I held onto her info. She's local to me....I'm sure your DE can find your local rep.

19. swellman

swellman Approved members

I had a 25 minute wait a few days ago.

20. mmgirls

mmgirls Approved members

35 minutes a few days ago.