- advertisement -

UGH..Wonky numbers

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by KeltonsMom, Apr 13, 2008.

1. KeltonsMom

KeltonsMom Approved members

I think Kelton and I are coming down with something :(
    His numbers have been out of this world that started last night.

My numbers started to go into orbit starting yesterday morning.

We both are running fevers and will go to the Base Clinic in the morning..

I never used to get sick easy and now after I was dx'ed it seems like I am getting ill so easily..Today I hate D!!!

2. Mama Belle

Mama Belle Approved members

UGH! I'm sorry. Sam's BGs have been wonky for 2 days now and today she showed signs of maybe catching a cold. (Wonky is our new favorite term for out of whack numbers).

Hope you guys figure it out and don't get too sick!

3. KeltonsMom

I think I have a sinus infection, my face hurts, plus the chills, then I am too hot..over and over..

Kelton has no ketones and I am keeping a close eye on him. He just has no energy and has been asleep since 2 this afternoon. But I have been testing his glucose and for ketones..Glucose is still high after a correction two hours ago..I am pushing fluids, for both of us.

I have some ketones but they went down with food and Humalog (doc wants me to take Regular for meals, but I wanted to get my glucose down from HI)

Kelton is prone to ketones and the first sight of them, I will not wait to go to the clinic tomorrow..

I just can't believe how fast this came on..Before I got D I would feel something coming on for a few days before it hit..Not anymore:(

4. KeltonsMom

I hope Sam doesn't get a cold :(

5. Hollyb

Hollyb Approved members

Sinus infections are very nasty (I know -- I get them a lot). You might need antibiotics if it settles in for long.

Aaron had two days of high numbers that we could hardly budge. I couldn't believe how much insulin I put into him overnight the last night just to bring it down 4 points over 8 hours. Then they magically went back to normal -- no illness, nothing. It's just so weird sometimes.

I thought he might wake up with a full beard from a hormone storm or something!

Hope Kelton manages to shake off whatever's doing this and that you feel better soon.

Last edited: Apr 13, 2008
  6. KeltonsMom

Update on wonky numbers

Kelton and I both went to the Base Clinic and Kelton and I both have a sinus infection, although his is not as bad as mine. We were both prescribed a Z-pak and told to drink lots of fluids and were given saline nasal spray.

Now I get to see first hand what antibiotics do to glucose numbers, let the fun begin...:rolleyes:

But we are both feeling a bit better.

7. clb1968

clb1968 Approved members

I hope you and Kelton are feeling better soon.
    I had the flu a few weeks ago and it really did a job on my numbers.

Diabetes is SO much FUN . :rolleyes:

8. Caydens_Mommy

Caydens_Mommy Approved members

I am also getting sick.. I think that I've got a sinus infection and it sucks.. I hope that you guys are feeling better today!! Cayden's numbers have been wacky this weekend too, but low instead of high.. He was 78 at 2 and we had him drink a glass of choclate milk and eat some gummies and when i checked him at 6 this morning he was 83, so glad we checked him lastnight.