- advertisement -

Ugh! Somehow got glutened! :( A couple of ques

Discussion in 'Celiac' started by chocoholicsc, Apr 29, 2012.

1. chocoholicsc

chocoholicsc Approved members

So yesterday was a great day that I spent experimenting with homemade GF bread and also attempted some GF chocolate chip cookies. Before making the cookies, we had to make a trip to Whole Foods for some ingredients and the kids and I ended up eating at chic-fillet. I ordered grilled chicken nuggets and fries and asked that they change their gloves. My son had the same thing(but he has never had any symptoms) and he was fine. This morning it hit me ...:(
    An interesting side note is that one of my girls had painful diarrhea last night from about 9-11pm. The girls are not eating GF unless at home. They are going to have a blood test hopefully this week. Is this too much of a coincidence that we both had an attack within hours of each other, or totally unrelated? My daughter had the regular chicken sandwich on their bread.
    If anyone can help make sense of this, I would really appreciate it!!

:) Candy

2. Caldercup

Caldercup Approved members

You ate at dinner time last night, and had the reaction this morning? For me that would be a long delay (but each person is different.)

When I've been glutenized at dinnertime, I wake up around 2-3am and am very sick.

3. chocoholicsc

chocoholicsc Approved members

Yes, I ate dinner and then got sick about 30 min after waking the next morning. But like I said, my daughter was sick about 3hrs after eating dinner. It's so frustrating because it's hard to know what not to do again when you can't figure out what might have caused it to begin with, ya know? :rolleyes:

And I learned today that the gum we chew often has gluten in it, so really it could be anything. Unfortunately we still are not 'GF' :( Not giving up though, we will get it!

4. Amy C.

Amy C. Approved members

Something may have been wrong with the food you were served.