- advertisement -

Udi's GF bread

Discussion in 'Celiac' started by Steff, Jan 28, 2010.

1. Steff

Steff Approved members

I had heard really good things about Udi's GF bread but I have been disappointed by bread in the past. I went to Whole Foods this week and they had just gotten a shipment so I decided to try it. It is so good! I didn't have to do anything to it to keep it from crumbling apart. It looks like regular bread and feels like regular bread. I don't know how they do it but I am impressed.

2. jcanolson

jcanolson Approved members

I asked our Natural Food Market owner about it the last time I was in. They actually had it when I went in tonight. Can't wait to give it a try.

3. Nancy in VA

Nancy in VA Approved members

Is this in the bread section or the frozen gluten free case at Whole Foods?

4. WestinsMom

WestinsMom Approved members

I am happy to say our local store now carries it so I don't have to order it and have it shipped anymore. We LOVE it!

5. jcanolson

jcanolson Approved members

They usually have it in the frozen food section around here.

6. Steff

Steff Approved members

When I found it at Whole Foods it was in like a cooler area but it wasn't frozen. They said it had only been out an hour and they only had 3 white breads and 1 box of muffins left. I should have bought everything that was still there :rolleyes:

7. kim5798

kim5798 Approved members

The last time I got some at our local gluten free store, I bought 4 loaves to keep in the freezer. Danielle likes the Jules gf bread that I make the best...but it is nice to have something on hand if you don't have time to make fresh.

It is like REAL bread. I hope to find the hamburger buns soon.

kim

8. hrermgr

hrermgr Approved members

T loves Udi's bread! I know the GF store in our area carries it but so does the regular grocery store. It's in the frozen food area of the "organic" foods. Saves me trip!

9. Nova

Nova Approved members

My 8 yr old son loves this bread!

10. aklap

aklap Approved members

I have yet to get a hold of this stuff. I was even in Denver where it's made - just never had time to find it. Some day... :)