- advertisement -

Type I Diabetes Siblings and Parents

Discussion in 'Parents of College Kids and Young Adults with Type' started by T1D Researcher, Jun 29, 2012.

1. T1D Researcher

T1D Researcher New Member

We want to hear the voices of Siblings of children with TID!

Researchers, from Palo Alto University, with the approval of the institutional IRB, are conducting a study to learn about the impact of various forms of support on quality of life for parents and siblings of children and adolescents with diabetes; as well as, the psychosocial effect felt by the siblings. The investigators are Wendy Packman, JD, PhD, Breanna Gentile, M.A., & Heather E. Preston, B.A.

Who can participate?
    Children, ages 6-17 years, whose sibling has been diagnosed with Type I Diabetes. For households with more than 1 sibling, the sibling that is closest in age to the child with Type I Diabetes will be given preference.

Parents or caregivers with a child who has been diagnosed with Type I Diabetes.

What to expect:
    1. If you choose to participate, you and your child will be asked to complete a series of questionnaires (8 for parents; 6 for siblings).

2. Participation in this study will take a total of 1-2 hours for your child, and 90 minutes for parents/caregivers.

3. Upon completion of the study, your family will have the opportunity to participate in a raffle to win one $50 Visa giftcard. Also, for each study participant, $1 will be donated to the International Society for Pediatric and Adolescent Diabetes (www.ispad.org).

If you are interested in participating in this study please send an email to: diabeticstudy2012@gmail.com or call: 828-338-9731
    Or Visit: http://bit.ly/I7KUzd