- advertisement -

Type 1 of Vietnam Vet

Discussion in 'Adults with Type 1' started by MJH, Feb 6, 2009.

1. MJH

MJH Approved members

I am the daughter of a Vietnam Vet who was heavily exposed to agent orange. Now to my question-I have read several posts/threads on this site in regards to grandchildren potentially having the dioxin(s) passed on to them through their grandparent (mostly the grandfather) potentially leading to type 1 diabetes in the child. I have done a moderate search & have had no real luck on finding any information on studies conducted in regards to incidence rates of type 1 diabetes dx in children of Vietnam Vets. There has been no dx of diabetes in my family line (and I can trace back hundreds of years). I completely understand the possibility of this research being put on the backburner or "buried" because of the ramifications the government could possibly face. However, I am very curious and would like to see what type of information may be out there...or simply find out how many type 1 diabetics may have had parents who served in Vietnam.

2. Jeff

Jeff Founder, CWD

3. MJH

MJH Approved members

Thanks so much for the information on the article:). It will be a good place to start branching out my search. Still anxious to hear from any other type 1s with vet parents.

4. Lizzibabi

Lizzibabi New Member

I'm a type 1 child of a Vietnam vet too.